Work Life

Jimin had been staying at Yoongi's place for three days now. It just, sort of, happened that way, and Jimin wasn't ready to go back to the streets just yet. Jimin had kept an eye on Yoongi in an attempt to learn more about the other man. Every day Yoongi would leave early and come home late. Jimin guessed that Yoongi held a high position at his job, both because of his work schedule, but also because of his conspicuous wealth.

Despite Yoongi being busy and tired, he stayed his charming self and cooked for Jimin, spend time with Jimin. He talked with Jimin until his mouth was dry and there were no words left to say. Jimin felt bad. - He felt bad about receiving anything Yoongi gave him, and for being a burden on Yoongi's shoulders. He wanted to leave Yoongi, give him back his freedom--but part of Jimin also didn't want to go, part of Jimin wanted to stay with Yoongi, even if it was just for a bit longer. It was selfish, and Jimin knew it.

"Yoongi?" They were eating dinner, and Yoongi had seemed extra tired this evening, and so none of them had spoken during the meal.

"Hm?" Yoongi answered distantly, his eyes never leaving his plate.

"I don't want to be a burden to you. I can leave," Jimin winced as the words left his mouth. He secretly hoped Yoongi would tell him to stay. But the guilt in his heart was growing, and he cared about Yoongi and his well-being, so Jimin had to give Yoongi the option to kick him out.

"Stay," Yoongi sounded, his eyes now locked in Jimin's. He had sounded firm, but there was a gentle smile ghosting on his lips.

"Okay," Jimin quickly broke the eye contact. He didn't want Yoongi to see how happy his words had made Jimin.

"But" Yoongi interrupted Jimins bliss, making him flinch.

Scared to answer, Jimin just waited for Yoongi to finish his sentence.

"Can you work?" Yoongi looked Jimin up and down.

"Work?" Jimin questioned, confused.

"I am the CEO of a big company, and I am currently looking desperately for a secretary since my old one just quit out of the blue..." Yoongi waited for a reaction from Jimin, but Jimin was so taken aback by the high title that he had stopped listening after the word 'CEO'.

"What?" Jimin asked, making sure he had heard right. He was sure that his expression was priceless. He could feel that his eyes had widened and his mouth had dropped. But he couldn't even focus on that--he was still in shock.

Yoongi sighed, perhaps a bit annoyed at Jimins vacuity.

"Will you come work for me?" Yoongi asked again. This time in a, 'do I have to spell it out?' tone.

"...Okay?..." Jimin responded hesitantly, almost like a question. Was this really happening? Was Jimin really going to get a real job, and a high-paying one at that. This meant Jimin could find a new apartment, and he would no longer be homeless and forced to live on the streets. Not that he was living on them right now, but he knew he couldn't stay with Yoongi forever.

"Great! You'll start tomorrow" Yoongi clapped his hands excitedly together. That's when Jimin's rationality kicked in. In truth, Jimin had barely finished school, and he had no prior work experience. He couldn't take such an important position. He would ruin it for Yoongi.

"I'm sorry Yoongi, I think I got a bit ahead of myself. Truth is I have never worked before. I'm sorry, but I don't know if I can accept such an important role when I have no experience whatsoever" Jimin felt ashamed at his lack of ability, but he had to be honest Yoongi deserved that much.

"Don't overthink it. Being the CEO's secretary isn't that hard. Well, it kind of is, but I'll go easy on you" Yoongi had a smirk forming on his lips once again, and Jimin wished he had Yoongis confidence and ability to trust his capability.

"What if I mess up and ruin everything?" Jimin looked at his plate. He wanted the job, but he also had to be realistic, and Yoongi should reconsider the consequences hiring Jimin might have.

"I'll take my chances" Yoongi stood up, he had finished eating, and it seemed that Jimin couldn't change Yoongi's mind about hiring him.

"Okay then, I'll try my best," Jimin promised. However, he still was not sure if he would be able to do the tasks that needed to be done.

"That's the spirit!" Yoongi grinned before he left the room.

Jimin had a job and not just any job. He now worked with Yoongi--Jimin felt himself smile at the thought.

Life had become good.

___________________________________________________

"Jiminie! Wake up! Your day as my secretary is officially starting today!" Jimin jumped out of bed, ready to begin this new chapter in his life.

Then it hit him like a massive brick falling from the sky. He didn't own a suit, and considering the job, he had to be well dressed, right?

"Yoongi! I have nothing fancy to wear!" Jimin yelled, hoping Yoongi was still outside his door.

"Just wear your normal clothes! We'll go out and buy you some suits later!" And with that, Jimin heard Yoongis footsteps leave. Jimin put on his white long-sleeved shirt and paired it with some black jeans. This wasn't right, but Yoongi had said it was okay, and so it would have to do for now. Jimin quickly looked at himself in the mirror, pushing his blonde hair back, doing his best to part it. This looked a little more sophisticated in contrast to his usual fluffy bowl cut. Jimin gave himself a nod before heading out.

Yoongi had already left the mansion, and Jimin knew he was making Yoongi wait, so he ran out, closing the front door behind him. He made sure the automatic lock on the door had been activated, and as it beeped twice, Jimin knew the house had locked itself, and the alarm was on.

Jimin spotted a car idling and assumed it was Yoongi. The closer Jimin came, the more luxurious the car looked.

"Is this your car?" Jimin asked as he had finally reached the car. Jimin did not know much about cars, but he could tell it was expensive.

"Let's go," Yoongi spoke from inside the car. Jimin looked at the rolled-down window. He could see Yoongi not looking at him. Jimin knew he had asked a stupid question--of course, it was Yoongi's car. Not wanting to cause any more delay, Jimin opened the backseat door, but Yoongi stopped him.

"You should sit in the front seat" Jimin, who was already half inside, saw Yoongi's eyes looking at him in the rear-view mirror.

"Right, sorry," Jimin went back out, closing the door again. His hand grabbed the handle of the car door that led to the front seat, and without hesitation, he opened it and got into the car. As Jimin put on his seatbelt, he heard Yoongi mutter something along the lines of, 'stop apologising'.

"Sorry," Jimin had apologized again, it had happened as a reflex Jimin, and he mentally cursed himself out.

"Park Jimin, you are so slow-witted" Yoongi laughed, and there was something playful in his voice that made Jimin relax.

Had Jimin expected Yoongi to get annoyed? Yes. Had Yoongi insulted Jimin? Kind of, but it had felt light-hearted, and Jimin found himself enjoying Yoongi's joke-insult.

Yoongi began driving, and as Jimin looked out at the many passing cars, he wondered why he hadn't taken Yoongi's words personally. God knows he would have done so in the past. But now, he suddenly didn't mind it.

What was Yoongi doing to him?