Fine Dine

Jimin felt like his whole body would break down under him. Hungry, and tired he followed Yoongi. Jimin wouldn't call himself dramatic, but the trip had felt like a 10-hour hike in the mountains, where in reality, they had probably walked about 20 minutes at most. But Jimin felt his fatigue was justified considering the rough day and night he had had.

"Are you tired Milk Boy?" Jimin snapped back to reality, where he had stopped walking altogether without even thinking about it.

"No, not at all, don't worry," Jimin quickly assured Yoongi. The last thing Jimin wanted was to be even more burdensome than he already was, he knew Yoongi was already going out of his way to help him, and Jimin was very thankful. However, there had been growing a gnawing feeling in Jimin's chest whenever he thought about Yoongi leaving him, and Jimin once again would have to wander the streets on his own.

"Don't suppress your pain," Yoongi muttered to himself as he made his way towards Jimin. Jimin's brain immediately thought of all of the worst-case scenarios possible--was Yoongi already fed up with Jimin? Was Yoongi going to shout at Jimin, scold him for being too slow and ungrateful? Was Yoongi going to leave him?

All the negative thoughts disappeared at once though, when Yoongi did none of the things Jimin had imagined. Jimin couldn't have been more wrong. He had judged Yoongi the same way he always feared strangers would judge him. Jimin was a hypocrite, it was clear as day, Yoongi's intent had only been good, and Jimin had been expecting the worst.

Yoongi had grabbed hold of Jimins bag, and in one swift movement, he swung it over his shoulder. Yoongi stood still a second as if he was contemplating something, and in the blink of an eye, he had taken Jimin's hand into his. Yoongi's eyes quickly searched Jimin's face, as if looking for consent. Dumbstruck, Jimin didn't do anything, which led to Yoongi turning back around, still holding Jimin's hand, and walking as if nothing had happened.

Not being able to think straight, Jimin just followed suit, not protesting the gesture. Instead, all Jimin could focus on was the slight touch from Yoongi's warm hand as they walked. Jimin once again felt the comfort he had felt last time their hands had held each other--this was safe, Jimin couldn't explain it, but this was safe.

-------------------------------------------------------

They ended up at what looked to be a pretty expensive restaurant, one that Jimin already knew he couldn't afford to dine in. But Yoongi made his way in, and Jimin refused to let go of Yoongi's hand, resulting in him following Yoongi inside.

Inside there was the usual bustle of a restaurant. Obnoxious rich people laughing with their overpriced glass of red wine in their hands. The snobs who forced their kids to behave, even when they were at an age where running around the place would be normal. The countless of people, presumably on dates, some having a good time, some not even glancing at each other, hiding behind their phones. While taking in the place, Yoongi had already spoken to what appeared to be the manager, a man that Yoongi seemed to know prior. They were directed towards a more secluded area of the restaurant, where they ultimately were seated at a table in a corner, away from the bluster of the wealthy.

Yoongi let go of Jimin's hand, pulling out a chair for Jimin to sit on. Jimin awkwardly slid into the seat, feeling a bit misplaced. Yoongi sat down in the chair on the opposite side of the table, so they were sitting face to face. Silence loomed in the air as neither of them spoke.