Strawberry Date

Jimin looked intently out the car window as Yoongi pulled up at the destination that had driven an hour to reach. At first glance, all Jimin saw was green fields upon green fields as far as the eye could see.

"Figured it out yet?" Yoongi's voice broke the silence that had filled the car as they sat parked.

"Not really?" Jimin awkwardly chuckled. He wished he had even a clue to what was going on, but quite frankly, he didn't.

"What if I told you that all the fields surrounding us are strawberry fields?" Yoongi hinted, a smirk slowly forming on his lips. Jimin quickly understood what Yoongi had in mind, and he felt his heart flutter at how romantic his plan had been.

"Are we going strawberry picking?" Jimin bit his bottom lip in an attempt to keep his smile from reaching his ears, though he already knew he'd failed to hide his excitement as Yoongi's smirk grew bigger.

"Exactly," Yoongi confirmed before opening his car door and stepping out. Jimin fumbled with the car door as he frantically made his way out of the car as well.

"But how?" Jimin questioned. Strawberry picking wasn't something you just did--especially not on what seemed to be private land.

"I have my connections," Yoongi shrugged nonchalantly as he began walking towards a small shed placed at the beginning of the main field. Jimin hurried after him like a small puppy, happiness flowing through his body.

When they entered the shed, Jimin noticed how modern it was. He was surprised by how expensive-looking it seemed. From the outside, the shed had looked like any other shed would, and considering its size, Jimin hadn't thought anything grand of it. But as soon as he'd stepped inside, felt the warmth the heaters provided, and looked at the painting that definitely belonged somewhere more luxurious than a shed, he found himself in awe of how glamorous even the little things in Yoongi's life were.

Jimin knew this field belonged to someone rich. He knew Yoongi's circle of friends and acquaintances was rich. Yoongi's life was just... Rich. And the shed reflected that. Jimin even believed that everything inside it probably cost more than his old apartment.

"Jimin?" Jimin ripped his eyes away from the details of the shed and found Yoonig's eyes instead. Yoongi held two small buckets and a couple of gloves in his hands as he looked at Jimin with furrowed brows. "Are you okay?" He questioned, probably noticing how Jimin had been staring at his surroundings.

"Yeah, all good!" Jimin assured, grabbing one of the buckets from Yoongi's hand as well as a set of gloves. "Let's go!" Jimin beamed, pushing the feeling of inferiority to the back of his mind. Yoongi nodded and grabbed Jimin's free hand, and began walking towards the green fields.

As they closed in, Jimin started sensing the small hints of red spots that blended into the green. He quickly let go of Yoongi's hand as he ran ahead, unable to contain himself any longer. As soon as he reached the first row of strawberries, he knelt down and admired the red fruit.

"Alright now, remember to also pick some and not just look at them. The person who owns this land told me we could take as many as we wanted, so go wild," Yoongi stood behind Jimin and ended his sentence by gently nuzzling Jimin's hair. Jimin turned around and looked up at the Yoongi, who suddenly seemed so tall.

"I'll pick them all," Jimin teased. "I know," Yoongi smiled before walking a bit further down the row and squatting down. Jimin's eyes lingered a few more seconds on the beautiful man beside him before turning his attention back to the strawberries in front of him.

________________________________________________________________________________

Jimin hadn't kept track of time, but his bucket was filled to the brim, and the sky had darkened a bit. He stood up and looked around him, trying to spot Yoongi, who he hadn't seen in a while. Granted they were in the middle of nowhere, darkness found its way here faster as there were no city lights to brighten up the place. Chills ran down his spine, and he noticed that the weather was becoming colder too.