Min Yoongi

Jimin looked at himself in the mirror one last time, if he had to go outside, he would need to know that he at least looked decent. Jimin didn't leave his apartment often-- He preferred being behind closed doors, where no one could judge him. He didn't like to admit it, and he would never share such personal information about himself with anyone, but he suffered from anxiety, which only got worse as the years went on. He lived isolated, which he knew only contributed to the worsening of his mental health. But never had he felt the courage to take the leap out into society. Would anyone even like him? Befriend him? Love him? Jimin shook his head, as to shake the dark thoughts away. They disappeared, but only further back into his head, and only for a short period of time before they would resurface again, no matter what he did. They always came back.

He grabbed the green, very worn, jacket off the coat hanger, before venturing out into the cold-- the chilly breeze hitting him in the face as he opened the door.

Cold weather had always been a demotivation, and Jimin wanted nothing more than to just run back inside and hide in the comfort of his warm bed again. But a small stubborn feeling grew in his chest along with motivation--he had to go out, he had to restock on milk. It was silly that milk would push him forward, but it was necessary. 90% of his meals consisted of milk and cereal--which would explain his chubby figure.

Jimin caught himself letting out a small self-deprecating chuckle before looking up, seeing how far he'd gotten. Instead, he felt a weird overwhelming feeling as multiple cars rushed by and he noticed the many people who had suddenly appeared around him. His eyes flickered from person to person, and suddenly he felt completely surrounded and suffocated. Jimin quickly squeezed his eyes shut, hoping that everyone would be gone when he reopened them. Of course, that didn't happen--Jimin shook his head before letting his eyes fall to the ground, focusing on every crack in the pavement, every stone, every piece of gum, anything to distract him from the outside world around him.

It had worked. Jimin suddenly found himself at his destination, breathing out a small sigh of relief. The place he had been so hurriedly trying to reach, was a small local shop, run by a kind, small, old lady--who wasn't much of a talker. In addition to that, no one hardly ever came here, besides Jimin, which in hindsight probably was the reason why he liked shopping there.

Jimin knew what he came for, and made a precise and determined line directly towards the back of the shop. He once again felt coolness surround him as he picked up the milk. He gave the one carton of milk in his hand a quick glance, before deciding that buying four was both a logical and good idea--this way he would be set for the whole week, which meant he could stay home a bit longer. Jimin clumsily made his way up to the counter where the old lady stood, already waiting for him, his arms barely holding the four cartons of milk. Maybe he had overdone it. But now that he has already picked them up, he found it would be too embarrassing to walk back down again. Hence, he stayed committed, and luckily the old lady just smiled and scanned the milk. She didn't judge him, and so he felt his shoulders relax, not even noticing he had tensed up. 'This is actually a very successful outing' Jimin thought to himself. But he had been too fast.

"That's a lot of milk," a voice spoke from behind him.

Jimin turned around, wanting to see the owner of the voice. A man, not much taller than himself, came into Jimin's vision. He had an impressed smile on his lips, and he oozed confidence. Jimin felt annoyed at the unwanted comment coming from this cocky stranger. Normally he would shy away from interactions with strangers, because of his anxiety, but this time he felt a brief shot of courage flow through his body.

"Mind your own business". Jimin could see the surprise, a hint of amusement, in the other man's eyes, but he was sure that he looked more surprised himself. It was as if his mouth had disconnected from his face, speaking on its own accord. Jimin wasn't rude, he didn't think he was--and when he realized what he had just said, the panic set in, his cheeks heating up in embarrassment and shame. Why would he say that?! In a rush, he quickly got his money out of his wallet and almost threw them on the counter before speeding out of the shop. The poor old woman had seemed a bit startled by his actions, and he felt disappointed at himself, but he had to get out.

While he, almost, power walked back to his apartment complex he suddenly heard someone calling, making a big fuss.

"Hey! You!.. Milk boy!"

Jimin hated people who yelled in social settings like this as if they owned the street, and with an irritated eye roll he shut the shouting stranger out. But then it clicked, he looked down at the milk, messily placed in his arms, before turning around. Hoping that he wasn't the 'milk boy', hoping he wasn't the one causing the obnoxious yelling. Jimin felt his breath hitch in his throat as he saw the man from the shop running toward him. He felt his heart skip a beat as he watched the lean figure make his way closer to him.

"Hey," the dark-haired man spoke while trying to catch his breath. He had caught up to him, not surprising since Jimin hadn't moved. Dumbfounded Jimin found himself questioning the man, "Me?" As if other people were walking around, milk tightly clutched in their arms.

"Of course!" The man answered cheerfully, "you forgot your change," he further clarified while handing Jimin the money that apparently was his own.

"Oh.. you can just keep it," Jimin tried avoiding eye contact, but he could still feel the other man's gaze burn into him. A moment of silence befell the two as if the other man wasn't sure what to say.

"Really?" The man sounded hesitant, but after seeing Jimins small nod of approval, the man retreated his hand with the money, putting the small change in his pocket.

Awkward silence once again loomed in the air, so Jimin decided to just give another small nod, before quickly spinning back around again, walking towards his apartment. However, he only made it five steps before he heard the other man call out to him again.

"I'm Yoongi by the way! Min Yoongi!" The man called after Jimin. He pretended not to hear and kept walking, spotting his apartment in the distance. He knew he was being rude again, but he had no relation to this stranger, and he would probably never meet him again anyways. Exchanging names seemed useless.

Jimin finally reached his apartment, after what had felt like an eternity. The quiet trip to the store had turned chaotic so fast, and he couldn't shake this strange feeling bubbling inside of him.

Nevertheless, he made his way inside--heading straight for the fridge to pour himself a glass of milk, before putting the rest of the milk in the fridge. Taking the cold glass with him as he went to sit on his bed, finally feeling relaxed again. He felt the comfort of his warm and safe bed encircle him, and then there it was again. The strange feeling the stranger had brought him. He found himself wondering who he was, and why he had approached someone like Jimin. Not wanting to ponder more about it, he shook his head, but then the name popped up in his head. 'Min Yoongi', he felt an urge to say the name, "Min Yoongi", he voiced in almost a whisper, that sounded loud in the quiet apartment. The name felt odd in his mouth. It was unfamiliar, but not uncomfortable. He didn't know what to make of the situation, of what he was feeling, but one thing he knew for sure, There's something about Min Yoongi.

A/N

//Sorry, this chapter was kind of shitty, I do hope you will keep reading though, thank you<333

Updated A/N: This story has been proof read/rewritten. Mostly because I felt it was poorly written. I was younger when I wrote it, and I found myself not satisfied with the way it was. The story itself has not changed drastically, but there are changes. Hope you understand and will continue to read. c: