Miscommunication

Jimin dropped down on his bed, head covered in the sheets. He had gone back to his old room since he thought Yoongi wouldn't want to see him right now. This had by far been the worst day in Jimin's life - he was sure of it.

Jimin felt overwhelmed with negative emotions every time he remembered the disappointed look on Yoongi's face as Jimin had told him about the meeting. Every time he recalled Yoongi's voice apologizing for their late arrival at the meeting.

The meeting had been okay due to Yoongi's competence and quick thinking, but that didn't mean that everything between them went back to normal.

In fact, after the meeting, Yoongi hadn't spoken a word to Jimin. Even on the drive home, Yoongi had just sighed exhaustedly, not paying Jimin even a glance. And Jimin didn't dare speak to Yoongi, afraid of what the other man would reply.

When they had gotten home, Yoongi had just gone inside his room, closing the door behind him, which Jimin understood was a way for Yoongi to tell Jimin to go back to his old room. And it hurt. Jimin felt as if he was suffocating, and that could be due to the fact that his head was under a blanket. But part of him thought he deserved the pain, so he stayed like that - sweating in the hot unbearable air until he felt his lungs might give out on him.

Jimin threw the cover on the ground sitting up quickly, gasping for air. Maybe he had overdone it, but he didn't care. Jimin wanted to cry, but he also knew he was a grown man and that crying would be immature. Instead, he decided that going for a walk and getting some fresh air would be a better idea.

Jimin stood up and made his way over to the bathroom. Looking in the mirror, Jimin almost laughed at how red his face was. He splashed it with some cold water before heading downstairs. Without too much thought, Jimin quickly put on some shoes and walked outside. Jackets were overrated anyway.

As Jimin walked, no real destination in mind, he regretted not bringing his jacket. Part of him had forgotten that it was the beginning of March and the weather in Korea was still very much freezing. But he didn't want to turn back around, so he kept walking, hoping if he sped up his pace, warmth would eventually fill his body.

After some more aimless walking, Jimin started to recognize his surroundings and it didn't take much time for him to realize that he had made his way back to his old apartment. Though the streets had become dark, Jimin knew for sure that this was the right place, but why had his body taken him there? Did he miss his old life? Life without Yoongi?

Jimin shook his head. Of course, he didn't. Even if Yoongi hated him, Jimin knew he couldn't reciprocate those feelings, as his love for the other man had grown beyond his own understanding. That part also scared Jimin, the part of loving Yoongi so much that at some points, it consumed him.

Jimin began walking away. He knew this wasn't good for him. And really, no part of his past life was worth reminiscing. Jimin didn't want to go back to Yoongi's house, even though he knew that he should. Jimin grabbed hold of his phone, his hands stiff from the cold as he tapped the screen to reveal what the clock was. Jimin's jaw almost dropped to the ground as he read the small numbers on his screen - 3 am.

Jimin knew he had been walking for a while, sure, but this was just absurd. Jimin checked again, thinking his eyes might've betrayed him the first time. But no, the time didn't change. Jimin thought about just sleeping on a bench, but he also knew he had work in the morning, and after the stunt he pulled yesterday, he couldn't afford to fuck up even more.

_______________________________________________________________

Yoongi woke up at 5:30 am as usual, by the usual alarm, made his way to the bathroom. Peed, brushed his teeth, fixed his hair. Back to his room, put on a suit, and head downstairs to make coffee - a routine he had had the last 5 years.