|33| Baby

"Double lines?" I said to myself as I looked at the directions again.
"I'm.. pregnant?" I felt my body go numb and turn into puddy as I slid down to the floor. I close my eyes leaning my head back against the wall, feeling my warm tears run down my cheeks. My thoughts are blurry all I can hear is the piano, which I'm thankful for.

After throwing my pity party alone, I decided nows not the time to act like a child. I splashed water at my face, feeling my stomach turn knowing I needed to tell Prince.

I walked out to the living room again wanting to burst into tears.
"Come here." Prince demands patting onto of the piano. I came over to him as he helped sit me on top. He sits back down on the bench as I lean on my side to watch him play.
"I'm pregnant..." I whispered feeling the tears run down my face. I moved onto my stomach as I watched him smile slightly as he continue to watch the keys on the piano. The room went silence only the melodies from the piano ran threw it. I closed my eyes as he began to sing.

"Baby, what are we gonna do?
I'm so in love with you
Baby, what are we gonna do?
I know you're in love with me too"

He continued playing the piano afterwards as I watched him then down at his black book next to me. Few minutes went by as he sang some more.

"Baby, baby, baby
It's you, said it's you, I truly adore
Baby, baby, we're gonna work it out
I hope our baby has eyes just like yours."

I smiled and he stopped playing as he looked up at me as I looked back. He got up and helped me off the piano.
"It's going to be alright." He says to me as he pulls me into a embrace. I wanted to say and ask a lot of things right there, but he knows as much as I do.
"You know I love you Aurora." I held him closer hiding my face from his, as I feel more tears roll down.
"I love you too." I whispered.
"Are you tired?" He asks as he runs his hands up and down my back. I nod weakly as he picks me up.

"We'll go to sleep now, tomorrow everything will be alright." He says as he tucks me into bed and follows in on the other side after removing his clothes. I watch him as I pull the covers over my shoulders.
"You really think so?" I asked as he pulled the covers over himself as well. He nods and turns to me so he's on his side. I turn to my side pulling him closer to me.
"Everything will be alright." He whispered into my ear as I feel asleep.

Monday, July 31, 1976

When I looked into my planner it says I need to order my uniform as of today is the last day to do so. I'm such a procrastinator. But I did call for a OBGYN appointment, and surprisingly they could get me in today. I needed a check up also but the main reason I needed it is to see if I'm pregnant and how far a long I am. Prince wanted to go and I suggested not to but he still was persistent enough that he got his way.

   When we got there it was the obvious that needed to be done right away. They had me pee in a cup to make sure I'm pregnant before doing any other tests. As the results wait I get my annual check up.
The results came in after everything was done. The doctor exams the clipboard the nurse brings in
   "Good news, or bad news. You're not pregnant, it's a uti." She says as she checks off a few things. I look at her confused as he begins to speak.
   "Utis are easy to treat with some antibiotics. Your period is messing up because you just started birth control as of last month, sometimes that happens. Also stress can mess up the cycle." She continues writing and hands it over to the nurse.
   "You can pick up your medication at the pharmacy downstairs, have a nice day you two." she shakes our hands and leaves. We both sit in the room of silence staring at each other.
   "Hi," he says smiling at me. I smile back letting out a huge sigh.
   "I was so worried." We both get up and hug each other.
   "Are you hungry?" He asks. I nod yes smiling at him.

"I was so nervous." I said in a exhale as I watched him take a bite of the burger. I take a bite as he replies after eating.
"I told you everything would be alright, plus I never came inside you, I know I'm good at pulling out." He says cockily as I looked around making sure no one had heard him. I kicked his leg as I giggled. He jolted.
"Ow! What? I'm just saying." We both finished dinner and headed back to my place.

I watch him crawl into my bed as I remove everything but my panties. I watch him get comfortable under my blankets before I crawled in right next to him.
"I'm sorry about all of this today, we should be a lot safer." I say snuggling up to him, resting my head on his chest and arm around him. He holds onto me with his arm running his fingers around my back.
"Don't be sorry, it's okay now right? I agree with you though, we need to be more safer..." he holds onto me tighter as I release a sigh of relaxation.
"I love you." I say to him.
"I love you too, Aurora." And with that we both calmly fell asleep.