Saved

Anne P.o.v
I limped in pain. I finally escaped that horrible torture place. I tried to stop thinking of the events that happened before.

I really hope I don't find a walker, not now. My leg was stabbed by my one and only step brother. He never liked me. My step brother blamed our mother's death on me.

What matters now is that I'm away from him. I ducked behind the nearest tree. I heard some voices talking or was it just walkers? It sounded more like words. My heart started pumping. Are they going to try to kill me too?

I held my breath as I hid behind that tree. With the pain in my legs it wasn't easy to stay quiet. I hope they don't find me, I don't have anything to defend myself with.

A walker out of nowhere grabbed my injured leg. I cried out in pain and looked for a rock around me to bash his head with.

Just before he took a bite, I flinched when the walker was shot between the eyes. Blood splashed all over my lower body.

There was someone behind me. Should I be sacred? That person could shoot me next. "Don't.shoot" I say between breaths.

I turned my head and what I first saw was his eyes, well eye. He had a bandage over the other. The color blue of his eyes I have never seen before. His eye was so mesmerizing that it is as if it looked deep into my soul. I could not take my eyes off him.

He lowered his gun when he noticed I was hurt.

We started at each other not knowing what to do. He sure saved my life. Should I trust him? Or will he end up like the others?

He walked over to me and reaches down to me. I flinched when he put his hand out. Was he going to hit me?

"I'm not going to hurt you, I'll take you somewhere safe" His voice gave me goosebumps all over my body.

After a while when I didn't accept his hand he placed an arm under my legs and other under my back. He picked me up like I weighted nothing.

I didn't move. It was too awkward. "I'm Carl"

He said while walking back to camp. I bit my lip. "Anne"