The Little Mermaid PART 5

The storm eventually dies down..

With all your strength, you manage to pull and push the unconscious prince onto a nearby beach shore. You grunted as you pulled it up onto the sand. His head lolled to he side and his wet hair stuck to his face. You touched his skin, warm from being in the sun. Scuttle flaps his way back to you, sitting on your shoulder. You push Mark gently with one hand, seeing no response. You feared the worst.
"Is he...dead?" You asked Scuttle, nervously biting your lower lip. Scuttle lands on Mark's chest, pushing his beak against his nose. He opens one of Mark's eyelids, letting it fall back closed. He then puts his head against his foot and listens closely for anything.
"It's hard to say...oh..I-I can't find a heartbeat.." He continued listening to Mark's foot as you looked at his chest slowly rising and falling. You gasped, touching his hand and feeling chills go up and down your arm.
"No, look! He's breathing! He's so..beautiful." You breathed, whispering the words as you leaned down to inspect more of him. He was the most beautiful thing you've ever seen. His smooth and dark skin, his strong jaw and sharp jawline, his plump and shapely lips, even the veins that stood out down his arms and on the back of his hands. All..breathtaking to you. Flounder and Sebastian hide behind a rock and watch what was happening. You began to sing to him, softly and smoothly in his ear as you stroked his damp hair.
You turn your head as you heard a dog barking and an old man walking towards you. They hadn't spotted you yet and you didn't want them to. With one last longing look at the handsome man, you quickly slipped back into the sea and had Scuttle following you in the air. Grimsby spotted Mark and started hollering as Chica sprinted over to him.
Mark groaned and sat up, blinking rapidly and coughing up a few more mouthfuls of sea water. Grimsby had relief flooding his face as he ran over to him and helped him to his feet. After a hard hug, he began checking Mark for any serious injuries.
"Mark! Oh, Mark! You really delight in this sadistic strains on my blood pressure, don't you?" Mark looked out, still hearing the echo of your singing in his ears.
"A girl..rescued me..she was..singing..she has the most beautiful voice." He said softly, eyes darting around to see if he could still find the girl with the beautiful voice. Grimsby gave him a skeptical look and wrapped an arm around his shoulders. Chica barked and licked Mark's hand, nuzzling her wet nose into his palm.
"Ah, Mark, I think you've swallowed a bit too much seawater. Off we go. Come on, Max." You watched the three of them walk away, Mark looking back once more before accepting defeat and letting Grimsby walk him away from the shore. You smiled to yourself, playing with your red hair. Sebastian was already freaking out as it was.
"We just gotta forget this whole thing happened! The sea king will never know. You won't tell him, I won't tell him. I will stay in one piece. You didn't answer him, dazing off as you looked at the spot where you were just laying with the Prince.
"I don't know when and I don't know how, but I know something's starting right now. Watch and you'll see some day, I'll be part of your world.." You muttered to yourself, brushing away your hair before turning and swimming along with the rest back to the palace. Your heart was hammering in your chest and you couldn't get those brown eyes out of your head.

A mermaid and a human..what a pair...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"(Y/N), dear, time to come out. You've been in there all morning." Your sister, Adriana, called out to you from outside the dressing room. You emerge from inside, singing softly to yourself in a happy tune. You were dreamily staring off into space, thinking about the handsome man you saved. Your sisters shared the same confused look with each other as you passed by.
"What is with her lately?" Atina whispered to her other sisters. You swim to your father, Jack, and kiss him gently on the cheek. You continued humming to yourself as you twirled a little and giggled.
"Morning, Daddy." Atina shakes her head and sighs, a knowing look in her eyes.
"Oh, she's got it bad."
"What? What has she got?" Jack asked, looking back at you as you swim off down the hallway. Adrina swims next to her father and shakes her head as well.
"Isn't it obvious, daddy? She's in love." Jack seemed to be taken back by this. He scratched at his beard, pursing his lips.
"(Y/N)? In love?" He looks the window and watches you swim off towards Flounder and Sebastian, a confused and worried look on his face.
You, Sebastian and Flounder were lounging on a few rocks sitting out of the window. Sebastian was currently pacing along a rock, snapping his claws and talking out loud. You were struggling to pay attention, all you could think about was the Prince.
"Okay. So far, so good. I don't think the king knows. But it will not be easy keeping something like this secret for long." As Sebastian talked, you plucked a flower and started pulling the petals off of it one by one.
"He loves me..hmm, he loves me not...he loves me! I knew it!" You said, hugging the flower to your chest. You sighed happily, dragging your fingertips through the water.
"(Y/N), stop talking crazy!" Sebastian scolded, shaking his head and putting his head in his claws.
"I gotta see him again..tonight! Scuttle knows where he lives!"
"(Y/N), please. Will you get your head out of the clouds and back into the water where it belongs?"
"I'll swim up to his castle. Then Flounder will splash around to get his attention, and then with-" Sebastian ran up on your lap and pressed his claw against your lips. Cutting you
Off, he looked into your eyes and shook his head quickly. All this crazy talk was stressing the crab out.
"Down HERE is your home! (Y/N), listen to me. The human world, it's a mess. Life under the sea is better than anything they got up there..." Sebastian turned around and began explaining to you all the wonders under the sea instead of on land with the humans. By the time he was done, he had finally realized you had slipped away and left him alone. He groaned out loud, kicking a pebble and frowning.
"(Y/N)? (Y/N)? Oh..somebody's gotta put a nail to that girl's fins!" A seahorse came rushing up to Sebastian as he made his way back to the palace.
"Sebastian! Sebastian! I've been looking for you all over! I've got an urgent message from the sea king."
"Sea king?"
"He wants to see you right away! Something about (Y/N)." Sebastian could feel his stomach dropping as his worries spiked.
"He knows!" Sebastian gulped, following the seahorse where King Jack awaited his presence. He was staring at a flower he had picked, rubbing his chin and thinking thoughtfully. He say amongst his throne, his crown glittering with pride upon green mop of hair. His little pet Sam swam around him in a green flash, wrapping around his wrist and purring.
"Let's see now..oh, who could the lucky merman be?" After a few moments of thinking, he noticed Sebastian standing by the door. He didn't notice he crab shaking or nervously glancing everywhere besides at him. He motions for Sebastian to come inside with his staff.
"Come in, Sebastian." The crab takes a deep breath and slowly walks into the room, hiding his trembling claws.
"I mustn't overreact. I must remain calm....Yes, sir?....ahem...I mean, yes, your Majesty?" He had to clear his throat after it went five octaves too high and broke. Jack swam over to Sebastian, still holding the flower in the other hand.
"Now, Sebastian, I'm concerned about (Y/N). Have you noticed she's been acting peculiar lately?"
"Peculiar?" Oh boy..
"You know, moaning about, daydreaming, singing to herself...you haven't noticed, hmm?" Jack asked Sebastian, crossing his muscly arms and staring down the crab. Sebastian cleared his throat and glanced away, unable to keep a long enough stare at the king. He could feel himself crumbling away as he slowly shook his head.
"Oh..well...I-" Sebastian fumbled for words as he tried to think of a way around this whole thing. Jack pursed his lips and cocked his head to the side a little, giving Sebastian a sturdy look.
"Sebastian.." He lifted his head slowly and met the icy blue eyes of the sea king, he knew he wouldn't last long under the pressure.
"Hmm?" Sebastian croaked out, trying to look as innocent and confused as possible.
"I know you've been keeping something from me.." At those words, the crab cowered into itself, shrinking and trying to disappear into the floor.
"Keeping...something?" His voice grew small and fragile as he started chewing nervously on his claws.
"About (Y/N)..."
"(Y/N)?" Uh oh..
"In love?" Sebastian saw the look on the king's face and completely broke. He couldn't keep playing this game forever, not in front of the king. He would have found out soon, he knew for sure. He sighed, pleading with the king.
"I tried to stop her, she wouldn't listen. I told her to stay away from the humans. They are bad, nothing but trouble. They-" Jack's amused face melted into something of anger and shock. He slammed his staff down on the ground and glared at the crab heatedly.
"Humans!? WHAT ABOUT HUMANS!?" He yelled, slamming his staff again against the ground. Sebastian wanted to kick himself as he threw his claws up and shook his head.
"Ho ho ho ho...who said anything about humans?" Sebastian tried pulling off a cool and collected smile for the king, but his stare completely terrified him to the core. King Mcloughlin was not happy, and he was clearly showing it on his face. Sebastian hung his head in shame and finally nodded to his king.

This was about to get ugly...

(Next part coming up. Again, sorry for how many parts these imagines come with. I just don't want to put them all in one huge ass chapter. This is almost done, I promise :))