I Will Protect You Part 4 (Final)

(A/N: HELLO LOVELIES! So, this is the last chapter for this imagine. I'm actually thinking of making this a book WHEN I finally finish my Mark LIS book. So, maybe I'll think of making this a book in the future.)

    You watched Mark all night long, just staring at his peaceful face. You tried to sort out the feelings you were experiencing, but you ended up just not trying anymore. You focused on his soft face, tracing his jaw slightly. Your fingertips lightly ran over his bottom lip, your skin tingling. You sucked in a breath, fascinated by this human in your lap.
    Your wings covered his sleeping body protectively, all through the hours of the night. His soft snores slipped past his lips, his head shifting here and there from time to time. You kept still as he groaned and shifted his body. He ended up on his stomach, his arms hugging your legs gently. You blushed again, shaking your head. You raised your wings off of him, holding them above you. You hesitated before putting your hands on his back.
    You enjoyed the smoothness feel beneath your fingertips. You ran your fingers slowly down his back, following the curve of his spine. You traced over the part where his wings would have been, if he had any. It was strange not to feel the feathery, hard, limbs that usually were sprouting from the shoulder blades. He smiled softly, hugging your legs tighter. You chuckled quietly, continuing to rub his back.
    If Boss saw me now, I'd probably be fired on the spot. This was NOT Angel behavior, then again..I wasn't the normal Angel anyway. You continued feeling his smooth back until the sun was shining through the window. You froze when he began to sit back up. You leaned away, seeing his eyes still closed.
    He groaned again, running a hand through his messy, red hair. He rubbed his eyes fretfully, forcing his eyes to open. He smiled at you sleepily, causing your wings to ruffle. You smiled back, giving him a slight wave. He yawned, scratching his head before standing up.
    "Have you been here all night?" He asked, surprise in his voice. You nodded, shrugging to him.
    "Yes. Angels don't exactly need sleep, nor actually sleep. We don't dream, or nap, or..anything really." He nodded, looking at you thoughtfully. He walked to the kitchen, you following silently behind. You tucked your wings again, making sure they kept against your back.
    "Do Angels ever eat?"
    "Not normally..we don't exactly have an appetite or a need for food."
    "Well then, you my friend..are missing out on a lot." He laughed and went to sit down on the stool. It was still early in the morning, Mark's deep morning voice seeming to distract you. You snapped your head to the front door when you heard a door bell. You had very good hearing, so you could have mistaken it for another house.
  Still, you flashed to the doorway, wings arched and ready. You growled at the door, swinging it open just enough to see out of. You peered out, seeing nobody standing on the porch. After figuring out it was from the house across the street, you shut the door and locked it. Turning back to Mark, he was staring at you with wide eyes.
    "You really take your job seriously, don't you." You nodded, relaxing your wings as you made your way back to him. You splayed your wings out, just enough for Mark to reach over and touch them. You held your breath, enjoying the feelings that rippled through your wings. He put his hand on the table, inches from yours.
    "What is your mission on..me? Why exactly are you here?" He asked quietly, staring down at your wings that rested on the table.
    "Well..I was assigned to protect you, obviously. From anyone and anything. To make sure you were safe at all times. You weren't actually supposed to even know I existed. I sort of ruined that when I beat the living shit out of that robber right  in front of you."
    "So why didn't you just knock me out and make me think I was just dreaming the whole thing?" This time he looked up at you, meeting your eyes.
    "Because I didn't want you to forget..." You whispered. Your eyes casted away from his, looking down at the granite counter. You never had trouble with eyes contact before, with anyone. With him though, it seemed to be a challenge you couldn't win. You could feel his eyes on you as you ignored the urge to look at him back.
    "I'm glad you didn't." You jumped as he laid his hand on top of yours. It was warm, warm enough to feel different on your chilled hand. You looked down at it, cocking your head to the side.
    "You know you look adorable when you do that." You looked up, feeling your cheeks heat up. You cleared your throat, trying to find the words to say. He had a small smirk on his face as he kept his hand on yours. You took a deep breath, trying to settle all the voices in your head.
    "I'm sorry to be so..forward. You're first impression wasn't exactly..the best..but after I had calmed down and realized I wasn't crazy..I saw something in you. Just..who you are..intrigues me. I don't know how to explain it but..I'm just saying this to get it off my chest. I know you're an Angel and I know you're my protector and all but..." He trailed off, sliding his hand sliding off of yours. You didn't want that, and you didn't know why, but you grabbed his hand back.
    "Angels are never supposed to interact with humans. We're just here to watch from afar, in the shadows. It's a forbidden rule for mortals to fall for immortals. Angels aren't supposed to have feelings for humans, it's just not possible...." His shoulders dropped as he tried to hide the disappointment from his face. You looked closer at him, intertwining your fingers with his. Your wings slid off the counter, flapping slowly up and down. You didn't know what was happening..but you liked it.
    "It's not possible for humans and Angels to fall in love..but I think I disagree..." He lifted his head, his eyes widening. His frown turned into a huge smile as he stood up. You stood up as well, giving him a cautious smile back. He walked closer to you, hand reaching up. You tensed as he caressed your cheek, his hand flaming on your skin. You weren't use to this kind of..contact.
    "Can you be my Angel?" He whispered, bringing you closer. You couldn't breathe as you raised your hand up and gripped his wrist. Your other hand went to his cheek, watching him close his eyes. You felt the strange urge to kiss him, and it made you reel back in shock.
    "I want to kiss you, Mark. I-I shouldn't be feeling this though.." You said, gripping your head and shaking it. He grabbed your hands and pried them away from your head. He leaned close, so close your noses brushed against each other. You were trembling in his grip, your eyes opened wide.
    "Then do it." He stated, his eyes dropping to your lips. You stood there, mind going blank. You knew this was wrong. It felt so wrong, but so right at the same time. You shut off your thoughts, gripping the front of Mark's shirt.
    "I'll be your Angel." With that, you pulled him forward and planted your lips on his. He kissed you back softly, hands going around your waist. You wrapped yours around his neck, gripping the bottom of his hair gently. Your lips moved in sync, your wings fluttering above you. He pressed you against him, deepening the kiss. Everything felt so light and airy, so free and sweet.
    Your wings wrapped around the two of you, shielding you from the outside world. You two pulled away from each other's lips once Mark needed air. He caught his breath, pressing his forehead against yours. You stared at him, eyes still wide. He smiled brightly, seeing you smile back as well. You covered your mouth and backed away, your wings shooting out. You spun around in a circle, fluttering and giggling. You stopped instantly, covering mouth again and forcing your wings to stay down.
    "I'm sorry..they get excited." He chuckled and pulled you back to him, kissing your forehead.
   "I like your excitement..Angel."

This was it..you had fallen in love with a human..and you were loving every second of it...