Paranormal Activity Part 2 (Final)

You blinked...

    He was gone. You stood there, frozen in fear as the man was no longer seen behind the tree. It was silent around you, the only sounds was the rustling of trees and the cracking of the fire a few feet behind you. Your voice caught in your throat as your feet were rooted to the ground.
   You knew what you saw. You weren't crazy. You saw it with your own two eyes. You stumbled backwards, finally getting feeling back in your rubbery legs. Your heart was pounding in your chest and your head was dizzy with thoughts. You tripped over your own feet as you ran back to a sleeping Jack in his chair and shook him harshly.
   "W-What!? What's happening..." He mumbled, fluttering his eyes open. You choked out in a rush of words what you saw, tears streaming down your face. He jumped to his feet, looking at you in alarm. You cried in fear, running to the car. He caught your wrist, pulling you into a tight hug.
    "HE'S GOING TO KILL US!"
    "Who!?"
    "CHARLES! I SAW HIM! WE'RE GOING TO GET MURDERED JUST LIKE THOSE TEENAGERS!" Jack shushed you, looking around the darkness. He wiped away your tears, shaking his head. He pulled you close to the fire, the flames warming your chilled skin.
    "Baby, there's nothing to worry about. This is why you shouldn't real scary stories before camping out in the dark like this. It's just some myth people talk about to get a good scare. Nothing is going to happen. You get paranoid too easily. Here I'll look around for you." You shook your head, grasping his hands tightly. He grabbed a flashlight, pulling his arms away from you and standing you in the chair.
    "I'll be in eye sight, don't worry. I'll show you there's nothing to worry about." You sat there, shaking in your spot as Jack walked around the campsite. He shined his light over the trees, searching behind them and around them. Seeing nothing, he continued making his way around until he ended up back by you. You held your breath the entire time, gripping the arms of the chair so tightly your knuckles turned white.
    "See? Nothing but your mind playing tricks on you. You need sleep, let's head to bed." He took your hand, kissing your forehead gently before pulling you into the large tent. You looked around once more, the back of your neck prickling with fear. You laid down with him in the sleeping bag, cuddling up next to him. He wrapped his arms around you and whispered soothing words in your ear. You snuggled into his chest, trying to calm your nerves.
    Maybe it was just all in my head, you thought. Finally relaxing, you drooped your eyes closed. You listened to Jack's breathing and his steady heartbeat. Just when you were slipping under, you thought you heard footsteps. You cracked one eye open, seeing the fire's flames illuminate the tent. You listened closely, still drowsy.
    Crack,crack,crack. You heard more twigs break and leaves get crunched as a heavy set of feet walked towards your tent. You snapped awake, straining to hear every little noise. The footsteps stopped on the side of your tent, your side. You gulped as it went silent, not even the wind outside seemed to be loud.
    "J-Jack? Wake up..." You whispered, poking his chest. He stirred, his green hair sprawled across his face. He grumbled, and continued snoring. You pressed yourself against Jack, turning a little to see a shadow cast over the tent. You stopped breathing, seeing it pace back and forth. You felt tears spring in your eyes as a cold shiver took over your body. You shook your head. Please no, please no, please no.
    You didn't know what to do. Your mind was screaming for you to run, but you knew that choice was fatal. This can't be happening. A serial killer from 2000, can not be here right now trying to murder us. It can't be real, none of this can be real. Your thoughts were scattered when you saw him stop moving.
    "Jack? Someone's here.." You whispered, giving him a slight nudge. His eyes fluttered open, a yawn escaping his lips. You froze as you watched the shadow's fingertips slide across the tent, the sound breaking the silence in the air. Jack lifted his head, his eyes widening at the sight of the shadow.
    "I told you.." You said, shivering violently in fear. He sat up, reaching over and snatching up the flashlight. His hand trembled as the shadow moved to the front of the tent. He gripped your waist tightly, pulling you out of the sleeping bag.
    "Shit..." He said, crouching in the tent. You two sat there, waiting for the man to move. He raised his other hand, holding a bat long object in his hand. Your heart dropped when you realized what it was.
    It was a wooden bat, he was going to use it on the two of you. Jack raised his flashlight, ready to use it as a deadly weapon.
    "You shouldn't have come." That was all was said before the shadow lunged through the tent. You screamed, getting pinned down by the man. He smelled of dirt and blood, his breath ragged of death and rotten meat. He held the bat up to your throat, the wood scratching your soft skin. You whimpered, his knees pressing down on your hips.
    "Please..p-please..." You choked out, tears running down your cheeks. He growled at you, his blank mask inches from yours.
   "You should've listened to the warnings." His voice sounded like sand paper, ragged and groggy. It made chills travel down your spine. You looked up to see Jack holding his flashlight above his head. The man noticed, snapping his head around to see him. He was too late as Jack came crashing down on his head with the flashlight. The man groaned, slumping forward. You screamed, feeling his weight crush you. Jack scrambled to shove him away and pick you up.
    "We have to get out of here! Let's go! Come on!" Jack shouted, pulling you out of the tent. You both sprinted for the car, only getting halfway before the man burst from the tent. He swung his bat, chuckling darkly at you. You both screamed and veered off into the woods, dodging limbs and stumps. Thorns tore into your skin and twigs got caught in your hair as you let Jack lead you through the trials. You both had no idea where to go, but you had to lose the man.
    You could hear him chasing you, his heavy footsteps easy to tell. Jack breathed heavily as he tripped over stumps and holes to get away. You were running blindly so you only prayed you knew where to go. Finally, Jack pulled you behind some bushes and kneeled on the ground. Your chest felt like it was going to burst and your head was spinning.
    You tried to breathe, your gasps being too loud for comfort. Jack held you close, both of you trembling. It was a chilly night, not even the moon shining in the sky. You heard footsteps all around you, not kneeling exactly where it came from. Jack breathed slowly, keeping quiet and close.
    "Okay..its been around 10 minutes. We should be fi-"
     "Don't leave so soon." You didn't have time to scream as Jack cried out in pain. You turned to see the wooden bat come crashing down on his shoulder. You screamed out, gripping Jack's hand and pulling him on his feet. He groaned, cradling his shoulder as he started running next to you. You heard the man's chilling laughter echo in your ears as you continued running.
    It felt like hours of running before you and jack broke through the tree line. You were gasping for air as Jack shoved you towards the truck. He leaped inside, holding his shoulder as his face scrunched up in pain. Sweat trickled down the sides of your face as you hopped into the driver's seat. You revved the engine, crying out as it stalled. You cursed and slammed your hands on the steering wheel.
    You locked the doors and made sure the windows were up before trying a few more times. Jack screamed as he was face to face with the killer. Only a pane of glass separating them. The killer cocked his head, rapping the glass with the bat. You shook your head, turning the key harder. The guy slammed his bat into the window, causing a spider web of cracks along the glass.
    You screamed louder, finally hearing the engine start. You wasted no time in pushing the gas pedal, the truck lurching out of its spot. You left everything behind, the smell of burnt rubber and squealing tires filled the air. Your heart leapt to your throat as the man hit the truck, sprawling into the ground. 
    You skidded into the pavement, tearing down the road. Trees passed by you in blurs as you sobbed in relief. Jack leaned back, blood trickling down his shoulder and staining his shirt. He looked at you and smiled weakly, looking out the window. You couldn't force your hands to stop shaking as you got farther and farther away from the campsite. His masked face was still engraved in your mind as you shook your head.
    "How about let's never go camping every again."
    "Next time, let's just do Netflix and video games."
    "Agreed."