💚Cinderella💚

(A/N: HELLO MY LOVELY BOOK WORMS! Zombie Momma is ready for another fairytale imagine! YoLilSmolBean has requested a Cinderella imagine for me to do. Sooooo, let's see how I do! ENJOY!)
GATHER AROUND, AUTHOR-CHAN BOUT TO TELL A STORY!

   Once Upon A Time...

     In a faraway land, there was a tiny kingdom, peaceful, prosperous, and rich in romance and tradition. Here, in a stately chateau, there lived a widowed gentleman and his daughter, Cinderella. Although he was a kind and devoted father, and gave his beloved child every luxury and comfort, still, he felt like she needed a mother's care.
   And so, he married again, choosing for his second wife a woman of good family, with two daughters just Cinderella's age, by name: Anastasia and Drizella. It was upon the untimely death of this good man, however, that the stepmother's true nature was revealed; Cold, cruel, and bitterly jealous of Cinderella's charm and beauty.
   She was grimly determined to forward the interests of her own two awkward daughters. Thus, as time went by, the chateau fell into disrepair. For the family fortunes were squandered upon the vain and selfish stepsisters, while Cinderella was abused, humiliated, and finally forced to become a servant in her own house.
   And yet, through it all, Cinderella remained ever gentle and kind. For with each dawn, she found new hope that someday her dreams of happiness would come true....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

   Balancing a large tray of food on your head and arms as you make your way down the hallway. Sighing heavily, you stumble your way towards your stepsister's rooms. You winced, hearing their whining even from closed doors. You weren't surprised when they started centering their anger towards you.
    "Where's my muffin!?" Anastasia shouted, annoyance ringing in her voice. You tried to pick up your pace, your work dress dragging along the floor, your hair pulled back with a bandanna.
    "Where's my tea? I can't possibly start the morning without my tea!" You rolled your eyes as their complaining continued, your feet carrying you closer to their rooms. You were just about to try and set down the food when you heard both of their doors open at the same time. In their heat of anger, they didn't see you right in front of them as they both ran into you, sending the trays of food tumbling to the floor.
    Both of the girls let out screeched of shock as the food was spill all over their night gowns. Anastasia growled under her breath, sneering at you as she pointed at her ruined night down. You gasped, covering your mouth with your hands as you tried apologizing.
   "Look what you've done now, you klutz!"
    "My favorite nightie, and you've completely ruined it!" Drizella cried out in despair, her tangled morning hair hanging in her hair. Drizella had dark brown hair that was always in big and bouncy curls. She never seemed to smile, especially when it came to you. Anastasia was the same, angry and disrespectful was all you seemed to receive from your awful family.
   Anastasia has long and dark red hair that matched her attitude. There was never a moment where she wasn't mad at you, all the rude names that left her mouth usually was directed towards you. They refused your apologies and soon you heard another door open down the hallway. Out stepped your stepmother, poking her head out and staring at the group of you in tired confusion.
    "Girls, girls, what's going on?" She asked, yawning. Your stepmother, Lady Tremaine, was a sour and wicked woman. She had large gray hair that towered on the top of her head in a mop of gray. She had sharp eyes that seemed to just cut right through you, steely and hard whenever they laid their orbs on you. You got down on your hands and knees, scrambling clean up the mess that was made. The Stepmother's eyes casted down at the sight of you, a sigh leaving her wrinkly lips.
    "Oh, I should have guessed. Really, Cinderella, you must learn to be more careful." She said, shaking her head. You held your tongue, nodding slightly as you piled the broken plates neatly. The stepsisters stood side by side, crossed arms and eyes narrowed into slits at you.
    "I'm sorry, Stepmother. It won't happen again." You said politely, keeping your eyes casted towards the mess rather than as her unpleased stare.
    "Indeed. Now, clean up this mess and get on with your chores." She pulled out a rolled up scroll from her gown pocket and simply threw it at the ground by your hand. You knew it was another ridiculously long list of chores you were forced to do to start the day. You looked out the window across the room, seeing the sun start to come up just above the grassy hills.
   Yellow and orange bled into the sky as streaks of fluffy clouds were strewn about like pulled apart cotton. You sighed softly, reaching over to pick it up.
    "That should keep you occupied for the morning." As the three started to leave you to your work, you all saw four town criers approach the middle of town. You watched from behind as your Stepmother opened the door as one of them raised a trumpet. You all watch in wonder as he let one sharp gust of noise burst from the trumpet. This was a special message from the Royal Palace it seemed.
    "Hear ye, hear ye! All subjects to the kingdom!" The three rush closer to see what exactly what was going on. You crane your neck, seeing the criers with their crisp suits and serious expressions.
    "By royal proclamation, the King declares a royal ball tonight! All unmarried young ladies of the kingdom are invited to attend and meet Prince Charming! And that means all the young ladies!" Everyone was left in shock as the criers simply left and went back to the palace. Anastasia gasped and hit her sister in the shoulder repeatedly out of joy. 
    "Did you hear that!? Did you hear that! That means the Prince is looking for a bride!" Drizella nods in excitement, grasping her sister's arms and squeezing it.
    "Maybe he'll pick me!" Anastasia snorts at this comment, rolling her eyes an pushing Drizella away.
    "Why would be pick you when he can have me?" Stepmother clears her throat and shoots her daughters a look.
    "Girls! It doesn't matter which one of you he picks. We'll all get to live in the Palace!" You've stood up awhile ago, walking slowly towards the three, your hands gripping the wash rag tightly. You gulped hard, feeling yourself get excited as well. You looked out in the distance, seeing the large castle towering over the kingdom powerfully. A ball..oh the fun I could have, you thought longingly. Mustering up the courage, you stood behind your Stepmother and took a deep breath.
    "May I go, Stepmother?" You said quietly, your voice trembling. They all seemed shocked to hear you say those words, their eyes growing wide as they spun around and stared at you with boggling eyes.
    "You!?" Anastasia exclaimed, her voice dripping with doubt.
    "Why on earth would you go!?" Drizella sneered, shaking her head and placing her hands on her hips. You twisted the rag around and around in your hands, nodding towards the place where the criers were standing.
   "Well, he said all the young unmarried ladies of the kingdom." You weren't surprised when your stepsisters burst out into sickening cackling and laughter. Like they were mocking you for even asking. Anastasia snickered, pointing a finger at you.
    "Can you imagine!?"
    "Why, Cinderella, I just love what you've done with your mop!" Drizella said, her sneer growing as your smile faded from your lips. You clenched your fists, running a hand self consciously through your hair. Stepmother took a step forward, looking to the side towards her daughters.
    "Girls, is not nice to make fun of your sister. It's not her fault she's so...unfortunate." Your Stepmother says, her teeth gritted as she forced an obviously fake smile.
   "Of course you can go, my dear." You start smiling as she points towards the scroll back in the house, raising an eyebrow.
    "If  you get all these chores done. Now girls, chop-chop, we must get you some new shoes!" She says to her daughters, smiling brightly as they head back into the house to get ready. They left out standing on the porch, looking sadly at the castle in the distance as images of you in a sparking ball dress pops into your mind. As you headed back into the house, the girls were already chattering upstairs.
    Not everyone in the house hated you. You did have friends, even if they were talking animals such as mice. Just as you enter room, a crowd of mice scurry around your feet.
    "Cinderelly? Cinderelly? Cinderelly! Cinderelly!" The mice squeak out, jumping up and down. You wave at them, some of them pointing to Gus cowering in the corner of the room. Gus was a pudgy mouse with a small green hat and yellow shirt you had sewn him. His shirt was still a little small, rising up on his furry belly. He had little brown shoes to match. You walked over to him, holding your hand out.
    "Come out, Gus! Don't let them scare you." You said gently, patting his paw with your finger and coaxing him out after a bit. The mice sat around you and stared as Gus looked up at you with his big eyes.
   "Cinderelly go to the party!"
    "A ball. Can you imagine? It would be a dream come true." Gus cocked his head at you, his tail twitching.
    "Dream, Cinderelly?" You chuckled, nodding at him as you poked his belly gently.
   "Why, Gus, don't you remember what a dream is? It's important to have a dream." You said, bringing your knees up to your chest and staring at all of them with warm eyes. You started humming softly, their ears perking up at the sound of your singing.
    "A dream is a wish your heart makes when you're fast asleep. In dreams you will lose your heart-aches; whatever you wish for you keep. Have faith in your dreams and someday, your rainbow will come smiling through...." Your singing was cut short at the sound of your evil step family heading downstairs. The mice scattered back into the holes in the floors and walls, disappearing and leaving you on the floor. You stood up quickly, brushing off your dress.
    "Girls, don't forget to give Cinderella your laundry. It's dirty sock day!" You internally groaned at the two step sisters rushed towards you and wasted no time in piling their baskets of dirty socks on top of you. They cackle to each other and push you out of the way as the two head back upstairs. You sneered after them, looking at all dirty socks now strewn across the floor. Several of the mice watch through the holes, their paws clenched and angry.
    "Grrrr!"
    "Mean, mean, mean!" Some shout, coming back out towards you as they continued shouting out words of anger towards the step sisters. You smile at them fondly, waving them off gently.
    "Now, now, fellas, it's all right. I'm not going to think about dirty socks. I'm going to think about the ball. All the ladies and their fancy dresses and all the men with their handsome coats and moustaches, and..." Gus giggled and stumbles in your view, taking a clumsy bow to the floor and offering his small paw. Chuckling, you place one hand against your heart and the other letting his paw lay in the palm of your hand as you kneeled down.
    "Why sir, are you asking me to dance? How lovely!" You say, picking him up in your hand and starting to twirl around the room. Gus clings to your finger as he blushed and smiled, nodding in excitement as he dancing around on your hand. The others join as well, dancing with each other and laughing. Before you could have anymore fun, the moment was ruined by a high pitched shout.
    "Cinderella!" Anastasia calls out, making you grown in annoyance. You chuckle though, setting Gus down next to Jaq.
    "Oh, what do they want!?"
    "Cinderella!" Stepmother shouts.
    "Cinderella!" Anastasia repeats. You sigh and head off towards their calls, shaking your head.
    "All right, all right! I'm coming!" Jaq purses his lips, adjusting the small hat resting on his head.
    "Poor Cinderelly. Every time she finds a minute, that's the time that they begin it. "Cinderelly, Cinderelly!" Gus frowns, looking at the rest of the displeased mice, clasping his tiny paws together in worry.
    "Cinderelly, Cinderelly, night and day it's Cinderelly. Make the fire, fix the breakfast, wash the dishes, do the mopping, and sweeping; and dusting. They always keep her hopping. She goes around in circles till she's very very dizzy. Still they holler, "Keep a busy, Cinderelly!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

   You walk back downstairs, lugging a mop with you. You sigh heavily, wiping the sweat from your forehead and rubbing your aching feet.
    "Oh, who am I kidding!? I'll never get my chores done in for the ball. Besides, I don't have a thing to wear..." With a heavy heart and sad eyes, you pick up your mop and head to the kitchen, head hung low and shoulders dropping. Gus whimpers, nudging Jaq. Jaq nods and gives the large mouse a hug before he starts thinking. Jaq gasps as he pulled and tugged Gus towards the closet in your room. He gives him a wide and bright smile, looking back at the crowd of mice awaiting orders.

"We're gonna help Cinderelly get to the ball!"

(It's really late, I have to try and sleep. Part 2 will be coming up. I know you haven't met the Prince yet, just be patient. XD)