Beauty and the Beast PART 5

MIGHT BE KINDA LENGTHY, SORRY LOVES!

*BEAST'S POV*

Tonight was the big night...

Tonight's the night I should confess my love to her. This morning was simply magical to me. I watched her play in the snow with the little cups, the smile on her face was enough to make my heart stop for a moment. Her beautiful hair getting sprinkled with soft flakes as she pranced around like a deer in the knee deep snow. We fed the birds, our hands touched. Except..she didn't flinch away like everyone else did. She didn't seem scared of me, not at all. In this short time, I've grown a fondness for her..and I was falling faster than I could stop myself.
I snap out of my thoughts as the warm water splashed my large head. I blinked a few times, sighing a little as I let my large claws run smoothly underneath the water. I look over at Lumiere, brushing my wet green locks away from my eyes. He stands on the toilet seat, smiling widely up at me. His flames dance on his candle wicks as he spins around in excitement.
"Tonight is the night!" I gulp, wringing my paws together and pursing my lips. I flicker my eyes up to the mirror on the wall across from me, my beastly appearance staring right back. My stomach began to do multiple churns and flips at the thought of you.
"I'm not sure I can do this.."
"You don't have time to be timid. You must be bold, daring." Lumiere says with confidence, holding his chin high and puffing his chest out a little. I nod, muttering those two words to myself as I emerged from the large tub.
"Bold. Daring." I mumble, stepping out onto the bath mat and vigorously shaking myself dry. Lumiere jumps out of the spray of water and smiles up at me.
"There will be music. Romantic candlelight, provided myself, and when the time is right, you confess your love. "
"Yes, I...I con-...no, no I can't." I stutter, my head lowering before being pulled back up as my Coatrack started to cut my large hair.
"You care for the girl, don't you?"
"More than anything..."
"Well then you must tell her." I grunted a little at my hair was tugged at and snipped as the coat rack went to work. He steps back, taking a respectful bow and setting the scissors down.
"Viola! You look so...so..." I stare into the mirror, taken back at all the curly locks and pink bows. I growled deeply, my eyes widening at the horrifying makeover I just went through.
"Stupid..." I finish his sentence, rolling my eyes.
"Not quite the word I was looking for. Maybe a little more off the top." Lumiere suggests, letting the coat rack go back to work on my hair. After a few minutes, it looked decent as Cogsworth waddled in to greet us.
"Ahem ahem ahem! Your lady awaits." My heart leaps to my throat at his voice, my lips parting. My mind was racing my heart wanted to jump out of my mouth as I stood up and continued getting dressed. We stop at the top of the stairs, Lumiere and Cogsworth following behind me. I swallow back my worries, looking down the grand staircase. I flicker my eyes to see her standing at the other end.
My mouth drops open, my blue eyes drinking in her whole appearance. She looked...stunning. Her beautiful hair was curled to perfection, cascading down her shoulders and spilling down her back. Her red lips were stretched into that beautiful smile I seemed to crave so often lately. Her big dough eyes were wide and sparkling like gems as she looked around for me. Her dress..oh...her dress was so radiating on her.
It was a beautiful, shimmering yellow, her fluffy straps hanging low around her slender and pale shoulders. Her creamy pink skin blended with the beautiful color of the dress, her waist being hugged in the dress. Below her waist, the dress fanned out in ruffles that swept the floor where her yellow heels hid underneath. She clasped her gloved hands together, my heart beating faster.

She was pure...beauty..

She finally spots me, her smile widening as she looks at my groomed face and crisp outfit. I cleared my throat, unable to speak at the moment. Luckily, Lumiere gave me a roulgh shove and I started descending slowly down the stairs. She did the same, meeting me in the middle where she slipped her arm through mine. I flashed her a smile as we continued together down to the ballroom. I look over at Mrs. Potts, who winks at me and nods for me to go ahead.
I take a deep breath, leading her to the middle of the floor. My dancing skills were a little rusty, seeing as I hadn't had this chance in years. So many years being so lonely in this castle, it was so nice having her here with me.
"Tale as old as time. True as it can be used. Barely even friends, then somebody bends unexpectedly. Just a little change. Small to say at least. Both a little scared. Neither one prepared, Beauty and the Beast.."
We were dancing at this point, her arms locked around my neck and my arms gently around her waist. I hoped she didn't notice me tremble, my nerves were completely wrecked at this point. She just looked so beautiful and I got to dance with her. We started stepping into a perfect dance sequence. Moving around the ballroom, my feet matched with her and we were spinning around in no time. I occasionally looked over at Lumiere and Mrs. Potts to ensure I was doing everything right. Hearing her giggle was even more beautiful then the music playing.
"Ever just the same, ever a surprise. Ever as before, ever just as sure. As the sun will rise, a tale as old as time. Tune as old as song, bittersweet and strange. Finding you can change, learning you were wrong. Certain as the sun, rising in the east. Tale as old as time, song as old as rhyme..Beauty and the Beast.."
With the beautiful twinkling of the music trickling in our ears, we danced the night away. I stared into her eyes for quite some time, my nervousness draining from me the more I got to see her breathtaking smile. She laughed as I spun her around with my paw, smiling at her. Hours passed with us just twirling and laughing together. It was a beautiful moment I got to share with her, I wanted to share many more. The way her hair flew like a halo around her, the way her shimmering dress showed all the gorgeous curves of her body, and the way her gentle feet stepped around mine, I was in awe.
Afterwards, I took her to my balcony, where we both leaned on the railing and admired the starry sky. The dark blue horizon was dotted with billions of shimmering stars, large enough to cast a pale light down into us. I look over at her, her eyes up and chin tilted to stare at the sky more.
"Lass? Are you happy here with me?" I say softly, my worries quickly piling back up. She seemed to tense up, looking over at me and hesitating for a few moments.
"Yes.." She whispers, quickly looking away and seemingly dazed as she stared at the town she used to live in.
"What is it?" I asked, worry written all over my face as I move closer to her. She bit her bottom lip, my eyes trailing over them.
"If only I could see my father again. Just for a moment, I miss him so much." She says desperately, a frown tugging at her lips. Her eyes soften as she looks at me, her face pained. My face drops for a moment, the pain in my heart prickling before I smiled so wide my cheeks hurt and I leaned closer and let my whole face light up.
"There is a way." I lead her into my bedroom, walking over to where the magic mirror lay on my desk. I hand it over to her small hands and smile up at her.
"This mirror will show you anything, anything you wish to see." She looks up at me, her lips parted in surprise before they go back to the mirror in her hands.
"I'd like to see my father, please." She gasps as the mirror starts growing and shimmering so bright she had to look away as it flashes. It clears, showing the both of us Maurice fallen in the woods, coughing and seemingly lost. She gasps, one hand covering her mouth as tears swim in her eyes.
"Papa. Oh, no. He's sick, he must be dying. And he's all alone." Her voice started to choke and my heart started hurting for her. I turn my head to see the withering rose under the glass dome. More petals have fallen, my mind going deep into thought. I look back to her, my green hair slipping into my eyes.
"Then..then you must go to him.." She snapped her head towards me, her eyes going wide.
"What did you say?"
"I release you. You are no longer my prisoner." Her eyes continue growing, amazement washing over her features.
"You mean..I'm free?"
"Yes.."
"Oh, thank you!" She breathes, looking back down at the magic mirror showing her father stumbling aimlessly through the woods. Her eyes light up as did her excited smile as she sets the mirror down.
"Hold on, Papa. I'm coming!" Before she could leave, I scooped the mirror back up and placed it into her hands.
"Take it with you, so you'll always have a way to look back and remember me."
"Thank you for understanding how much he needs me." I watch her turn to leave, my head lowering almost to my chest as the pain grows and tears at my aching heart. I feel her soft and small hand caress the side of my face and a flash of her gentle smile before she turns on her heels and rushes out the door. My lips fell into a large frown, the strong sense of depression suddenly surging through me.
She skirts past Cogsworth who skips inside the room, a large smile on his face and his clock hands spinning.
"Well, your Highness, I must say everything is going just peachy. I knew you had it in you." Hearing him say it made my whole body feel like it was filled with lead. I swallowed my cries, feeling my eyes grow watery.
"I let her go.." The sadness in my voice surprised even me as I looked at the ground. I tried taking a few deep breaths, my head too heavy to lift it back up.
"Ha ha ha, yes. Splen-" Cogsworth cuts himself off, his clock hands nearly flying off of his face as he gasps and rushes over to me.
    "You what!? How could you do that!?"
    "I had to." I say with a heavy heart, sighing heavily as my shoulders dropped even more. This feeling in my chest was excruciating. Like everything in the world meant nothing to me..except her. And now she's gone.
    "Yes, but why?"
    "Because, I love her.." I say softly, my eyes lifting to the door where minutes before she rushed out of. My large paw raised and pressed against the cheek her soft hand had pressed against. Cogsworth tells the others what has happened and I can hear their panicked confusion.
    "He did what!?"
    "Yes, I'm afraid it's true."
    "She's going away?" Chip whimpered, his lip pouting as he pressed into his mother's side.
    "But he was so close." Lumiere exclaimed, shaking his head in dismay.
    "After all this time he's finally learned to love." Mrs. Potts say, her eyes squinting as she frowned.
    "That's it then, that should break the spell."
    "But it's not enough. She has to love him in return."
    "And now it's too late..." Cogsworth said, all the objects lowering their heads. I watch her leave from my balcony, my eyes watering as I grit my teeth together. I grip the railing so hard my claws leave cracks in the cement. The wind is chilly and harsh, snowflakes getting tangled in my fur. Watching her leave from this place was nearly unbearable.
    I tilt my head up and roar into the sky, my voice filled with sorrow and anger. I cry harder, my violent roar simply not reaching her ears. I watch as my cries mix with the roar of the wind and silence my wishes.