Mistletoe-Mark

(A/N: I thought you all deserved a cute little chapter filled with humor and Christmas vibes. I've been listening to Micheal Bublé Christmas covers lately. So, enjoy this lovelies!)

    You smiled softly, hands clasped tightly as you gazed out the window. Your eyes watched the little fluffs of snowflakes falling to the icy ground. Snowflakes stuck to the glass, making beautiful designs in front of you. The sky was an ashy gray, the chilly wind blowing the snow around aimlessly.
You touched the glass window with your fingertips, feeling the cold bite harshly into your flesh. It was Christmas in just a few days, and you could hardly contain your excitement. You looked down at your phone, seeing a call from your best friend, Jack. He was hosting a Christmas party tonight, an ugly sweater party.
"Hey, Jack!"
"HEY (Y/N)! ARE YOU READY FOR THE PARTY!?" You winced, holding the phone away from your ear as Jack shouted.
"One, Fuck YOU for making me lose hearing loss. Secondly, YES I am ready!"
"You know..Mark is gonna be there.." You could hear the smile in his voice as he chuckled quietly. Your smile dropped, your stomach churning. You scratched the back of your neck, looking down at your fuzzy socks. You had the hugest crush on Mark over the past few years, Jack knowing how much he meant to you. Jack wanted it to happen and he was practically doing anything he could to get you two together.
"O-Oh..is he, really?" You tried not to sound excited, but you knew Jack saw heard otherwise.
"Yep, your man candy is going to be there all smexy and delicious for you. GET YA SOME, LASS. You've waited long enough." You gasped, glaring at the phone while Jack bursted out laughing. You shook your head, your eyebrows knitting together.
"Wait a minute..Jack did you throw this party so me and him could see each-"
"WELL, WOULD YOU LOOK AT THE TIME! See you later, BYE!" Before you could protest, he hung up. You groaned, rolling your eyes and trying to suppress a pleased smile. You cleared your throat, deciding to get ready. You changed into a pair of red ripped skinny jeans and the ugliest Christmas sweater you could find in your closet.
After checking yourself out in the mirror, you shoved on your shoes and headed outside. You shivered, pushing through the strong wind and squinting through the snow. You blasted the heat in your car, smiling at the beautiful wonderland around you. You turned on the radio, smiling wider as the Christmas music began playing.
You were ecstatic to see Mark at the party. You did have to admit, you were thankful for Jack's little plan of getting the two of you talking again. You looked down occasionally at the ridiculous messages Jack was texting you.
"GET A PIECE OF THAT HOT ASS TONIGHT!"
"Walk up to him..shake his hand and say, "Hi, call me Nemo..because I'm not afraid to touch the butt."
"I better see a kiss by the end of the night dammit. I worked too hard."
"OTP! OTP! OTP! (Y/N) AND MARKI SITTING IN A TREE. K-I-S-S-I-N-G!"
You shook your head, feeling blush crawl onto your cheeks as you drove. He would never kiss me, you thought sadly. You made it to Jack's house, already hearing music coming from inside of it. You climbed out, hurrying inside to get out of the cold. You shut the door behind you, bumping into a few people.
The house was crowded, but not terribly packed. You rubbed your hands together, looking around for Jack. You ran into Felix,Marzia,Wade and Bob on the way there. You retreated into the kitchen, finally spotting the Irishman. He was talking to a group of friends, his green hair standing out. You crept up behind him and hugged his back, ruffling his hair.
"GIRL! You're finally here! I know just where Mark I-"
"(Y/N)! Hey!" Mark's voice came into the room, your eyes widening. Jack smirked at you, turning you around and leaning close to your ear.
"Oh look, you already taught him to come when you call. Good boy." You slapped him on the shoulder, shooting him a glare as he chuckled loudly. Mark smiled at you warmly, his bright red hair resting as fluffy as ever on the top of his head. His soft, chocolate eyes stared into yours, his arms opening. You smiled, blushing instantly as he pulled you into a hug.
You were reluctant to pull away, but did anyway. You rubbed the back of your neck, your eyes going down to his ugly sweater. You giggled, pointing at it.
"My god, that is one ugly ass sweater." He chuckled, posing with it as he winked at you.
"Why thank you, that's so nice of you to say! I really think it captures that ugly essence. I must say though, your sweater is definitely rocking the ugly." You laughed and thanked him, showing it off. Jack looked between the two of you, a small smile on his lips. You shot him a look, continuing to talk to Mark.
The night went on, drinks being passed around, stories being told, and music to dance to. You were next to Mark the whole night, it seemed like the two of you couldn't stop talking. When you weren't talking, you two were dancing. You couldn't keep the blush from getting on your cheeks, or the major smile plastered on your face.
Jack periodically checked on you two, motioning towards him all the time, making kissey faces, or even going as far as holding a piece of paper that had the words, "OTP!" scrawled onto it. It was the end of the night, people starting to slowly leave. There were a few people passed out on the floor and couch, the smell of alcohol wafting in the air.
You and Mark sipped on the solo cups in your hands, too busy talking to get drunk. You were slightly disappointed it didn't go any further than conversation, but you forced yourself not to be too sad over it. Mark set down his cup, smiling at you again.
"Well, it looks like I need to be going. It's pretty late, gotta record more videos tomorrow. I guess I'll see ar-"
"WAIT! Sit your red haired ass back in that seat." You both jumped at the sound of Jack's booming voice. Jack rushed to your side, one hand hiding behind his back. You looked at him, but his eyes were on Mark.
"Don't go just yet. Um..uh..HEY what's that!?" Jack said, pointing behind Mark. Mark scrunched his face up in confusion before turning around and looking at wherever Jack was pointing. Jack smirked and pulled his hand from behind his back and held up..mistletoe.
"Jack, I swear to god."
"I wanna see this kiss dammit, I will make this ship happen."
"Jack-"
"Shut up!" Jack dangled the mistletoe between the two of you, staring at Mark. Mark shrugged, turning back around. His smile dropped a little as he looked up, looked at you, then looked at Jack. Jack wiggles his eyebrows, motioning towards you. You blushed deeply, fumbling for words.
"I-I wasn't apart of t-this! I swear!"
"What she actually means to say is, you going to kiss me now or what?" You wanted to hit Jack, but you were too shocked to actually do anything. Mark started blushing as well, clearing his throat. You were prepared for him to reject the offer and never talk to you again. He looked up, met your eyes, and started smiling again.
"Well..it is mistletoe after all..." He said quietly, leaning forward a little. You gasped, your heart pounding in your chest. Jack grinned cheekily, wagging the mistletoe a little. You gulped, leaning forward a little as well. Jack stayed silent as Mark grabbed your hands gently, pulling you closer. You both stopped, inches from his lips.

Then you kissed him...

His lips were warm and soft, with the slight taste of vanilla on his lips. He kissed you back, smiling into the kiss. You tried not to squeal as you continued kissing him softly, excitement bubbling in your stomach. You could hear Jack quietly cheering for you, his excited chatter in the background. After both of your needed air, you pulled away. Mark rested his forehead on yours, smiling and pecking your lips once again.
"That took way too long to happen." Both of you said at the same time. You both bursted out into laughter, his hands intertwining with yours. Jack squealed, clapping in excitement.
"You guys are so cute I might throw up. In a good way." Mark laughed, shaking his head and looking back at you. You smiled, leaning on him as you both stared back at Jack. He started dancing in front of the two of you, punching the air with his fists.
"Jack is the greatest, Jack is the greatest. Did I say that JACK IS THE GREATEST!?"
"Okay okay..you are the greatest."
"DAMN straight I am. Now, the ship has sailed, my job is done."
"Shut the hell up."