28 | a second look

T W E N T Y - E I G H T | a second look—

C O L T

Only a week passed yet I felt like I've been through a year. First, there was the thing with the bar. I didn't know what's wrong but I started to consider closing it. Then there was the matter with Maky and his desire to chase death. I swore that if he came back with Sixto Almeda's cartel on his tail, I'd kill him myself.

If that wasn't enough, I had to piss off Caprice. Her retaliation had made me want to strangle and kiss her at the same time. My withdrawal was painful but everything about Caprice had kept me occupied. Her fiery eyes, her delectable body, her spiteful words.

I admit that Caprice was supposed to be a short entertainment. Maybe a quick fuck or two if she pitied me. But I knew that I couldn't have more than that. She was a bright woman. She could have any man she wanted. And besides, she had warned me how much it would cost to have her.

But man, I wasn't great at listening. I still craved her.

It didn't help that every time our paths had crossed, she'd fight back. Caprice had taken my bullying well. And I fucking adored that.

But I hurt her. I've broken her trust.

For the first time in my life, I wanted a second chance. To be better. To treat her better.

Caprice reminded me of things I could have, all the chances I wasted. Long ago... if I had been braver... stronger.... my life could have turned out differently.

So I did it. I had agreed with her weird proposal. It wasn't in my nature to wait. I conquered and possessed but Caprice made me want to get down on my knees and fucking beg.

Yet, regrets continued to fill me. My fingers itched. I wanted to smoke. But once again, the hellcat had taken me by surprise.

'You're nothing but you want to be something. That already means that you're one in a million'

For a moment, I thought I was high. But she continued smiling at me.

I felt ecstatic. The world was brighter. Fuck weed. Fuck heroin. She was my drug. I vowed to treasure her for as long as she wanted me.

And yet, Patron's words echoed in my mind.

Everything comes to an end. The only difference is whether it happens sooner or later.

When would this happiness end?

Sooner or later?