20 | a morning delight

T W E N T Y | a morning delight—

C A P R I C E

I shielded my eyes from the blinding sun rays while I walked towards the gym. My eyelids felt heavy. A result of three hours of sleep.

I greeted the other employees with fake smiles, making my way towards Taylor's office. I had received a call from him earlier this morning, telling me to see him today.

"Priz!"

Acrylic's voice made me cringe in repugnance. I hastened my steps though I could still hear his voice calling me.

"Caprice, please. Let's talk."

I clicked my tongue in annoyance. I meandered through a crowd of people hoping that he'll lose sight of me.

"Priz!" he called out again.

Go away!

It was a blessing when a throng of customers came out of the dressing room. The crowd thickened and it made me escape my confrontation with him.

I exhaled a gust of air before stepping inside Taylor's office. Everything in his office was pastel except for a foreign matter that was seated on one of the chairs. I outright crossed my arms when my gaze settled on him.

"Can I talk to you next time, Taylor?" I said with a slightly venomous tone.

Instead of frowning, the old man seems to be amused. "Wait, Priz. This is important."

I glanced at the devil but he wasn't looking at me. He was texting somebody on his phone. I sighed softly. Fine.

I took a hesitant seat in the other chair. Unfortunately, the chair was opposite Colt's chair so it means that I was once again, face to face with the devil.

Taylor finally took notice of the heavy air around the two of us. "What's wrong with you two? I thought you started to get along."

I snorted at the same time Colt scoffed.

"Apparently, there is no cure for being an asshole." I flashed him a taunting smile.

Colt glanced up from his phone. He leaned comfortably on his chair, not breaking his eye contact with me. "No cure for being a bitch either."

I gritted my teeth at his words. I glared at him with hatred and he returned it with the same intensity.

The two of us began a fierce glaring contest when Taylor cleared his throat. I hesitantly turned my head towards Taylor, not wanting to be rude to my boss.

"I fear that my office will be destroyed if I don't let you out of here so... let's be direct to the point." Taylor gestured in our direction, "You two have been invited to visit Hexwood Clubhouse and Riding Club for two weeks. And this is all free." The old man's face was brimming with happiness as he announced that.