25 | dangers of the faithless

T W E N T Y - F I V E | dangers of the faithless—

C A P R I C E

There had been times where I gave in to my feelings. But all I got was punishment and the harsh realization that my grandmother would always be right. After what happened with Aeon, I had promised not to stray from the path that Abuela had set for me.

It used to be so easy.

Yet now, there were too many people I had to protect myself from. Their honesty and kindness had caught me off guard. It left me open to Colt and Acrylic's lies.

And the bastard had the audacity to say 'Making mistakes doesn't mean you're less of a person'. Tch. All he did was put my mind into turmoil.

After I took a bath and changed into another shirt and jeans. I went down to get breakfast, taking the opportunity to eat much healthier food aside from cup noodles. The hotel would provide us with a buffet for breakfast and dinner. Lunch was optional.

Then, I went to the auditorium where the last forum would be held. The topic started when Colt dumped his ass beside me. He was eating bacon strips. Every crunch made my mouth water.

"Where did you get that?" I asked, my fingers gripping the pen I used to write down my notes.

He held one to me, clutching the pack to his chest. "You want some?"

I was about to snatch the strip off him but he held it back. I clicked my tongue. "Really?"

"Say please," he said.

I twisted to face him. "Do you forget who you're talking to?"

"Oh, sorry boss." He looked amused as he conceded.

We ate in silence as the speaker continued. I thought that was that but he ended the topic with an assignment. To create a marketing strategy for your chosen location in Hexwood.

I scoffed. It was an old tactic of surveying what customers want. No wonder they offered a free pass to their various amenities.

"What are you going to do?" Colt asked, piercing me with his ardent gaze.

I cleared my throat. "Say, why did Sonny target that horse ranch again? What qualifications does a business need to have for a syndicate to consider buying it?"

"Cheap, obscure, small. Those that are hard to trace when push comes to shove."

I smirked, "Ah, then that ranch is probably close to bankruptcy."