13 | a golden glare

T H I R T E E N | a golden glare—

C A P R I C E

My hair was arranged in a loose bun and I was wearing an off-shoulder lace dress. The white skirt flared up above my knee. Aiscelle had helped me shop in a thrift store where I found a lot of cute outfits. Even though some of them are imitations, they're in a good form that I bought them with my extra money.

I paired the outfit with my newly bought black pumps. Acrylic had told me to dress casually. I hoped he'd take somewhere with coffee.

"Maybe this is a mistake," I muttered while waiting in our apartment for Acrylic to pick me up.

"Stop that. Why don't you give the guy a chance first?" Aiscelle argued. She was in her pajamas and was ready to sleep.

I liked Acrylic, yes. But in this part of the world, I was just a girl who worked at a gym. What could he possibly want from me that he couldn't find in other girls?

I knew it wasn't my money. So maybe it was the other things; my beauty and my body. Acrylic probably fell into this category.

But then what? I couldn't possibly maintain his attention with lust alone. Shit. I realized I was a beginner in cooking and love.

My previous dates had either ended up with me insulting their intelligence or us falling into bed. It never progressed from that. Only my high school boyfriend had managed to stay with me for more than a day.

I shook my head. It's never good to count chickens when the eggs have yet to hatch. I would make this date successful before thinking of the next step.

A series of knocks broke me out of my reverie. I rubbed my cold hands together before I opened the door.

Acrylic stood outside. His black hair was swept up giving him a clean-cut look. His two piercings glittered on his right ear that mixed well with his gray shirt.

I chuckled, "You look decent."

AC arched an eyebrow. "I am decent." He offered me a rose while giving me the once-over. His lips curled into a smile. "You're gorgeous."

I accepted the rose and put it in the vase on our shelf. "Thanks. And where did you steal this?"

"What? I didn't steal that. That's..." Acrylic looked away with a tint of red on his clean-shaven face.

I licked my lips in amusement. "Hey, I was kidding. I think this is sweet."

AC scratched at his nape timidly. "I don't know why I'm even nervous."

I found the gesture cute. Guys being vulnerable was a turn on. I seized his hand and held it tightly to mine. "Let's go?"

He nodded and together we went down the stairs of my apartment. Acrylic was a perfect gentleman as we were traveling in his black Camaro. He offered me his coat and opened the door for me.