Chapter Thirty-Six- Diamonds

“Emma?” Will frowned deeply as I pretended to be shocked at her sight. “What the hell are you doing here?”

She entered the house, “I need your help with something.”

I loved the fact that she knew exactly what to do. She didn't look at me in a way that could spoil everything. Like every ex-wife would do, she shot me a nasty look before looking back at Will and his brother.

“Now that's a delicate way to ask for help,” Will scoffed and Emma laughed humorlessly.

“Who said I was asking for your help?” she raised her eyebrow at him. “It's not like you have a choice.”

Will didn't even try to hold back the annoyed look that took over his face, “What do you want?”

Emma fished out some papers out of her bag, “I don't want to have anything to do with you. I don't want that stupid house, I don't want to be a partner of your company. Sign these papers so I could finally leave this country and never see your face again.”

“Wait, you guys are splitting up?” Will's brother asked and Will released a chuckle.

“I divorced this woman a long time ago,” he said as he took the pen and papers that Emma handed over to him.

My heart was beating faster and I could see that Emma wasn't feeling any better either. The paranoia as he sighed the papers was getting too much to handle. I noticed that Emma was getting even more sweaty now and I actually understood. If she gets caught, she could end up in jail.

A breath of relief escaped her lips as Will finished signing the papers and handed it over to her.

“I need two witnesses. So, if you could ask your brother to sign the papers, then that would be splendid,” she said and Will clenched his jaw.

He looked at his brother and shot him a slight nod. Kace shrugged and took the papers, signing it without deciding to read it. Once done, Emma and I exchanged glances and I nodded my head at her, holding back my own smirk. She dashed out of the house and Will looked at me.

“I have to go to the office now. What do you say I pick you up later and we could watch a movie here?” he asked placing his hand on my shoulder.

I grinned and nodded, “Okay then. I'll call my brother to pick me up.”

“No, you don't have to. I'll drop you,” he smiled warmly and I thanked him.

“Damn, I just got here and you're already leaving!” Kace complained.

Will shot him a skeptical look, “I didn't call you. Besides, you have work to take care of too.”

“Fine, I'll just leave then,” he said and turned towards me with a flirtatious smile breaking onto his lips, “I hope to see you soon, pretty lady.”

“Perhaps you will,” I smiled back and he walked off, saying goodbye in the process.

As for me, I was just feeling amazing knowing that Will just signed on the papers that will be the end of him.