This can't be happening

Prince walked back into the school walking swiftly to his locker. In a haste to avoid Jacob he had forgotten his Math book and he needed it for homework. As he approached he saw Mr.August and Jacob standing by the class room door, Mr.August was leaned up against the doorway while Jacob stood infront of him smiling broadly. Prince ignored them and proceeded towards his locker.  

"Mr.Perez," he heard suddenly. He stopped dead in his tracks to face Mr.August.

"Yes sir," he responded.

"You didn't hand in an assignment after class," the teacher remarked. 

Prince then remembered that he actually hadn't handed in his work that he was once again thrown off by Jacob. School was simpler without Jacob.

"Sorry sir," Prince said as he reached into his book bag and headed Mr.August a piece of paper. Mr.August grabbed the paper and continued talking to Jacob. 

After retrieving his Math book Prince walked back out the school and headed towards his car. Dropping his bag in the back seat he started up the car and pulled out the car park. As he drove he looked ahead and saw Jacob sitting at the bus stop. 

"Want a ride?" Prince asked as he peeped out the half opened window.

"Sure," Jacob smiled as he grabbed his bag and got in the passenger side.

The car ride was a quiet one with just the radio blasting. Prince decided to break the silence. " What school you came from?" Prince asked as he slowed down for a red light.

"The public school up the road," Jacob said looking over at Prince.

That was the same school Ray, B.J and the others guys went to. 

"Why did you transfer?" 

"My step-dad teaches at Springfield," Jacob responded as he looked out the window.

"Who is your step dad?" Prince asked confused. 

"Mr.August," Jacob replied matter-of- factly.

Prince slammed the brakes and pulled the car to a side.

"Mr.August is your step dad?!?" He remarked.

"Yeah," Jacob shrugged.

"Wait, so why he acted like he didn't know your name this morning?" 

"Because he didn't want it to seem like I was getting special treatment."

"Oh,makes sense..." Prince said nodding his head, " hold up, you have a crush on your step dad?!" Prince asked catching himself. 

"Who said I had a crush on him?" Jacob remarked.

"You drew a picture of him shirtless," Prince replied as he reached in the backseat to pull out the drawing. He picked up his bag and shuffled through he saw a piece of paper and grabbed it, turning it over he noticed it was his Art assignment which meant he had given Mr.August the wrong drawing.

"Shit,shit,shit, oh my God," Prince panicked as he threw everything out his bag frantically searching for the drawing of Mr.August.

"What's wrong?" Jacob asked as he looked at Prince confused.

"The drawing,omg, I gave Mr.August the wrong drawing," Prince panicked. 

Jacob burst out laughing as he held his stomach.

"This isn't funny," Prince snapped. 

"Calm down, we could just go back to the school and switch them he's probably still there," jacob said with a chuckle. 

Prince sighed and starting up the car making a U-turn in the street back to the direction of the school. He prayed Mr.August hadn't looked at the drawing yet.

When they got back to the school Prince switfly walked down the hallway to the Art room, Jacob rushed behind him trying to catch up. WHen Prince arrived at the room he was happy to see it was empty. He gave a relieved sigh and rushed towards the desk which was covered with papers. "Check that pile I'll check this one," Prince instructed to Jacob.

Prince frantically ruffled the art work of other students. As he looked through a pile he heard Jacob chuckling. "What are you laughing at?" Prince asked glaring at him.

"Look at this drawing," Jacob chuckled uncontrollably as he held up a poorly drawn scetch. 

"Are you done?" Prince asked unamused, " it's your fault this happened help me look for it."

"FIne," Jacob sighed. Just then the door opened and in came Mr.AUgust. 

"Oh hey guys, what you guys doing here?" Mr.August asked as he stood by the door.

Prince looked at Jacob and Jacob looked at him, "wel,um..."