Chapter 37 - Barely

CHAPTER 37: BARELY

The sound of crashing filled the infirmary as Liam cleared a table, tossing everything on to the ground before he ordered, "Place him on the table!"

The men carrying Wyatt laid him down on the hard surface, making him groan, gripping the edge of it with one hand, the other still clogging the hole Levi had created in his abdomen. Liam didn't waste any time, removing Wyatt's hand from the wound, a curse leaving his lips at the damage he was able to see, even before he started to read his vitals.

"I need help..." he muttered, placing a firm hand over the wound to block the blood from escaping, closing his eyes as he summoned his power into his palms, taking a deep breath before letting it out slowly. He started checking his heartbeat, blood pressure, other organ function. The amount of blood filling the cavity of his abdomen made it difficult for him to do his job. Opening his eyes he started to tear the shirt off, frowning deeply at the dark blood escaping the body.

"Wyatt!" Even as Liam heard the voice at the door, his eyes kept focused on the injury he was to heal.

Ira barged into the infirmary, heading straight to where she saw Wyatt. "Dear god, what happened?" She demanded, looking him over before she met his eyes again.

"Levi..." He muttered to her before groaning in pain, unable to speak further, as he wanted to tell her everything the man said. He shut his eyes tightly before he tilted his head back against the pain. "Cylus... please..."

"I'll ask someone to get him." Ira said, rushing to the door, asking the guards at the door to do just that before she returned to the infirmary, taking Wyatt's hand in her own and gripping it just as tightly as Wyatt held hers.

"I'm dying... aren't I...?" Wyatt muttered.

"No. No, Wyatt. It's not that bad..." She said, glancing at the wound, looking at Liam who was already sweating with the effort he was putting in trying to heal him.

Wyatt chuckled, coughing before he grunted, as it jolted his wounded body. "He had his hand in my body... it can't be good..." he said, coughing more blood down his chin.

"You will not die." Ira told him, her free hand over his head. Cylus was there quicker than Ira expected, as he had been on his way there the moment he heard what happened to the mage. Throwing open the door, he rushed to Wyatt's side, his eyes filled with the fear he felt as Wyatt spoke his name the moment his eyes met his.

"Wyatt..." Cylus muttered, falling to his knees where Ira was standing a moment ago, giving him space to be next to the mage, "Oh god..." he said quietly, his voice shaking as he looked into Wyatt's eyes.

"Sorry..." Wyatt said, shutting his eyes tightly at an excruciating pain that suddenly exploded through his entire body, making him grunt as he clenched his teeth.

"Liam, stop!" Cylus exclaimed, looking towers the healer who frowned, his hand entering the wound as he tried to heal it in another way.

"I can't do that!" He said, his hand still emitting the bright light that represented his power as he rushed to heal the damage.

"Then sedate him! Give him something for the pain!" Cylus demanded.

"I am busy, Cylus. If I stop, his heart stops!" He told him, "Damn it, so much blood!" He grumbled, his eyes trying hard to see through the blood, trying to find where it was coming from, but realizing that it was from more than one source.

"Then let me help. Tell me what you need." Cylus said.

"Find me someone that can help me heal him. I can't do this myself. There is so much damage." He told him, struggling to heal one of the bleeders he found, and his other reaching over Wyatt's chest to even the accelerating heartbeat.