Chapter 33 - Necromancers

CHAPTER 33: NECROMANCERS

The warmth of the blankets around him did nothing to help his heated body, sweat having coved his skin in his restless sleep, making him uncomfortable when he woke up. The seer had a dream, one filled with misfortune, calamity and death. His power as a psychic seeping even into his slumber and invading his dreams, turning them into the nightmare of life.

He was relieved when he had finally woken up, grateful for the short respite of being awake and away from the darkness of what the world was truly like, filled with cruelty and malice. A small smile drew on his tired face at the sight of the golden eyes staring down at him, a frown knitting the perfect eyebrows of the alchemist hovering over him.

"Are you alright?" Tobias asked.

"Fine now." He mumbled hoarsely.

Tobias smiled, though his eyebrows were still furrowed as he said, "Glad to have that effect."

Edmur reached up, brushing Tobias's cheek with his fingers, which had the alchemist leaning down to press his lips to Edmur's, earning him a small moan once their lips touched. After they parted Edmur asked, "Have you spoken to the king?"

"You've been asleep for hours, love. I had time to get a change of clothes, speak to the king, ready us a picnic, and invite everyone to join... have I missed a thing...?" Tobias wondered to himself as he looked upwards as if thinking about his question.

Edmur chuckled softly before saying, "I truly don't feel like getting up, Toby."

"None of that now, Ed. Liam says it's the only thing that might be able to help you."

Edmur frowned, wanting to argue but his headache sucking all the energy from him had him say instead, "I need to bathe."

"Oh, one is being prepared as we speak." Tobias said with a smile, "That's what I missed. Come, I'm sure it's almost ready, let's get you out of bed." He added, reaching for Edmur, supporting his neck as he helped him sit up. Edmur groaned, already feeling the effects of his visions. "Are you alright?" Tobias asked.

Edmur merely nodded before dropping his legs off the edge of the bed, they barely touched the ground before his head started spinning, almost falling as he held onto Tobias. "No. I don't think I am..."

"I've got you. Come on." Tobias said softly, making sure he had a good hold on Edmur as he helped him to his feet, guiding him towards the door, and out towards the bathing chamber.

***

Tobias was massaging Edmur's head, lathering soap into it to wash it for him, as the seer lay in the bath after he had washed himself. "You know a maid wouldn't hesitate in washing your hair for you." Tobias mumbled, though he didn't mind it in the least, having a smile on his face as he ran his fingers through Edmur's soapy hair.

"I wash your hair, and you wash mine. That was the deal." Edmur said quietly, his head still throbbing though Tobias's caress was making him feel better. "Besides, my hair is short. I should be the one complaining about the unfairness of this situation." Edmur added. Almost a year back, Tobias had invited himself to join Edmur in his bath, and since then, even if they weren't sharing a bath, they would still be there to wash each other's hair.

Tobias chuckled as he said, "Perhaps I should cut it."

"I will kill you if you even think about it." Edmur said calmly, even though he was threatening the alchemist.

"My, I didn't know you were that attached."

Edmur smiled, tilting his head back to look at Tobias as he said seductively, "I like having something to hold on to in the throes of passion."