Chapter 47 - Rallying The Troops

CHAPTER 47: RALLING THE TROOPS

Blayth, Leon, Cylus, as well as Lorena all gathered in Noah's chamber, the one given to him by the king of the south after they had reached his kingdom. They were all sitting around the low table in the room, looking over the maps they had, planning for the upcoming battle.

Noah's eyes drifted upwards, falling on Lucius who stood before the window, staring outside at the sunset that casted an orange and red shine into the room, the light slowly fading as the sun ducked beyond the horizon.

As the discussions went on, going around in loops over the same matter, Noah got to his feet, walking towards Lucius who was standing rigidly in front of the window, with his arms folded over his chest. He approached him, wrapping his arms around him from behind and feeling as Lucius relaxed against him, realizing it was Noah.

Noah pressed his lips to his temple as he muttered, "Everything will be fine."

"It doesn't feel like it..." Lucius replied, his hand clutching Noah's arm, leaning into his hold, "I feel this pinch in my heart still, and I fear what would come of it."

"Nothing bad. Well, it is a battle, so maybe a little bad, but nothing horrible I hope." Noah said, feeling Lucius's hand tighten around his arm, holding it close.

"It's not funny." Lucius mumbled.

Noah sighed, saying, "I know. Sorry. Thought I would try a little humor since you seem to be too uptight today."

"Not out of nothing. You are about to go into battle." Lucius said, "I-..." he sighed, muttering, "I don't know what I'd do if anything happened to you."

"Remember that I am immortal. All of us here are. No matter what happens, nothing will kill us." Noah said.

"Not true." Lucius countered.

"Have a little faith, love. I am the General of the Army, and there is a reason for that." Noah tried to comfort.

"Because you are the prince." Lucius supplied, "Oh, or because there is no one else to do it?"

"Funny." Noah deadpanned, making Lucius chuckle.

"I thought you wanted humor." Lucius rebuked.

After a long moment of silence, Noah said, "I promised to be careful, didn't I?"

"Won't mean a thing if you are not alive to keep it." Lucius replied.

"Wow, you really have no trust in my skill, do you?" Noah said, feigning hurt.

Lucius laughed lightly as he replied, "I do. I just fear the worst."

"Don't. Besides my own skills, I have a whole army behind me. Not to mention the most skilled of all the kingdoms watching my back." Noah told him.

"Alright..." Lucius muttered, "Alright, but you will be in for it if you get hurt." Lucius said, "And if you dare die on me, I will bring you back-..."

"Just to kill me again. I remember." Noah said with a chuckle, kissing the side of Lucius's head again before nuzzling his cheek, leaning in to kiss it. Lucius turned in his hold, looking up at him as Noah leaned down, pressing his lips to Lucius's before he got to protest. He pulled away, looking into Lucius's eyes, a soft smile on his lips as he nuzzled his nose, "I love you."

"I know." Lucius said, Noah leaning back down to capture his lips, walking him back until his back was against the wall. Lucius's hands pushed at his stomach, trying to break away as he scolded, "Noah, stop-..." But was interrupted by another kiss. Lucius turned his head to the side, trying to stop him, but Noah went on kissing down his neck, making him chuckle as he tried to pull away again, but was trapped between the wall and Noah. "Noah, enough..." Lucius said, still laughing as he struggled to break away.