Chapter 26 - Unconditional

CHAPTER 26: UNCONDITIONAL

Noah woke up the next morning feeling the heat of the summer sun on his skin, his blankets having been kicked off sometime during his slumber at how warm the room was. His eyes scanned the empty chamber, the one he's been residing in ever since he'd moved to the castle. With a sigh, he turned, settling on his back, wincing as the sun hit his eyes from where it poured into the room through the window.

He was feeling much better, having Lucius so close had lifted his spirt so much. It was just the fact that it wasn't the same as it was anymore, Lucius not really his Lucius just yet. He was a baby, not yet able to speak, or even roll on his side on his own, let alone know who he was. He seemed to sense their bond though, making it easier for him to believe that one day, he will truly return to him.

He had woken up from yet another dream of Lucius, a memory, one of the many he held dear. Lucius having been stuck in the library for his studies, and Noah managed to get in without drawing much attention to himself and hid amongst the many bookshelves there, waiting for a chance to have Lucius between his arms.

Tobias had sent him to look for a book, one he'd been referring to for a few days, wanting a break from teaching he sent Lucius to search for it. While browsing through the shelves, Lucius rounded one corner, only to have a hand cover his mouth to muffle his scared yelp, since he'd thought that he was alone with Tobias in the library.

Noah chuckled as he pressed the blonde to the bookshelf closest to him, their faces inches apart. Lucius took a hold of Noah's hand to remove it from his lips as he whispered, "What are you doing here?"

"Stalking you." Noah replied simply.

"Very funny." Lucius said with a drawl.

"I had the kitchen prepare a picnic." Noah said in a hushed voice, "Thought you would like to go out for lunch after you are done here."

"Tobias is being extra annoying. I think he had a fight with Edmur, he is so cruel today, as if he has a vendetta against me." Lucius complained.

"I sensed that you needed me that's why I am here." Noah said jokingly, smiling at Lucius's deadpanned look before pecking his lips. "Thought this might take a while, we could always have a late lunch by the lake, but for now..." Noah said before he leaned down, picking up a small basket he had with him, removing the cloth covering it as he added, "Something to keep you from starving."

"Strawberries!" Lucius exclaimed.

"Shh!" Noah hissed, falling quiet as Tobias called.

"Lucius, what are you doing back there? Have you found the book yet?"

"No, still looking!" Lucius called back before he turned back to Noah and mumbled, "Sorry."

Noah chuckled before cupping Lucius's face in his hands and kissing him, pulling away as he said, "Just don't forget. Lunch by the lake."

"I won't."

"With how little time you have been spending with me, I am starting to wonder if you are forgetting me." Noah commented with a raised eyebrow.

"Stop joking, you know Tobias has been tasking me with useless assignments just to see how I handle pressure." Lucius said.

"So you are not forgetting me?" Noah questioned.

"No."

Noah leaned closer, their lips inches apart as he whispered, "How could you with how amazing a kisser I am." He boasted.