Chapter 21 - A Seer's Fate

CHAPTER 21: A Seer's Fate

"Well, you are well enough to not stay in my company for much longer." Liam said after he finished examining Noah.

"Finally."

"Don't sound so enthusiastic, or you might hurt my feelings." Liam drawled as he gave Noah a fresh change of clothes that Lorena dropped off earlier in the day. It was almost midnight, the sky dark, and the moonlight helping the candles and torches cast shadows over the land. Noah was about to get up when Liam placed a hand over his shoulder as he said, "Just be careful, you hear. I don't want to see you in hear again."

"Now you might hurt my feelings." Noah countered.

Liam chuckled but let go, helping him to his feet before saying, "Try not to hit your nose against anything. It is still very much bruised." Liam said.

"It's already healing." Noah informed him, as he'd been letting his power seep to his throbbing nose.

"Even so. Those dark purplish bruises have robbed you of any good looks you might have had." Liam joked, referring to the bruises spread over his cheek bones closer to his nose. Noah snorted at the remark as he made his way to the door.

"Thank you, Liam." He said before he left.

The next day after having breakfast in his chamber, he went to meet everyone at the training hall. He didn't want to see his father, not yet, but after missing a few days, he knew that he had to go back and help train Edmur and the others, to make sure they are ready to defend themselves.

The moment he walked in, he noticed that everyone was already there, his father standing not too far from the door with his arms crossed as he watched them train. He barely spared Noah a glance when he heard the door, and Noah didn't care, walking past him towards where Edmur was wielding a sword, twisting it this way and the other as if to get used to its weight.

"Noah." Edmur said with a smile when he spotted him, "Glad you could make it."

Noah nodded before asking, "Have you trained at all when I wasn't here?" he asked him, getting right to it.

"Not much. Just yesterday, when Lazarus handed me this and gave me a few pointers." Edmur admitted. Noah nodded his understanding before walking up to him and telling him to take a stance, and once he did, he went on to nudge his arm so he'd raise it higher, and part his legs a bit further for balance. "So, how have you been?" Edmur took the chance to ask, watching as Noah frowned at the question.

"Alive. Now swing the sword." Noah said. Edmur didn't comment further, not wanting to antagonize him as he saw the annoyance on his face at being asked something he was asked almost consistently.

"How about we duel?" Edmur asked.

"Let's keep doing this for a while longer until you get used to its weight." Noah said, trying to avoid a swordfight.

Edmur didn't argue, nodding as he went on, raising the sword above his head before slashing it downwards. Half way down, he lost his grip on the sword, causing it to drop to the ground. The sound of metal hitting the solid concert floor resonated around them, making Noah wince, stepping closer to Edmur to make sure he didn't hurt himself. He frowned, noticing that Edmur seemed to be in another vision.

Noah was about to lean down and pick up the sword when he saw Edmur's eyes roll upwards, hidden under his still open lids before he started to collapse. Noah quickly grabbed a hold of him, but his weight dragging him down along with him. The knight had never seen Edmur this way before, his visions never causing what was happening to him at that moment, especially when his body started to convulse violently.