Chapter 20

It felt like hours had passed since the ordeal. Crystal and I silent, unable to say anything for lack of words, or simply just being in too much pain. My abdomen was killing me and I knew I needed to see a doctor because something was not right. Though the chances of seeing a doctor any time soon were seldom to none. I hated that we were in this mess. I wasn't even sure how Brett knew it was me. As far as I was concerned no one had told him my name, or anything about me. I had assumed they were too busy searching through the pack to have a light congratulatory talk about Andrews new mate.

I was really beating myself up about the whole situation mostly because Crystal does not deserve to be here. This is all my fault. I should have told Andrew about Brett a long time ago. This whole mess could have been solved if I had just... I groaned inwardly. I need to stop blaming myself and instead figure out a way to get us out of here.

With shaky arms I pushed myself up off the ground noticing my muscles ached no matter what I did. I clutched onto my stomach as a sharp pain made its way through my gut and down into uterus. It felt like a cramp, only way stronger. Maybe a contraction? I couldn't be sure. But I know blunt head trauma and lack of oxygen can lead to a miscarriage, though I', not sure if that's what this is. Just stay positive Victoria. Lets take this one problem at a time.

The room was still silent apart from quiet cries from Crystal. I knelt on my knees facing her, "are you okay?" I asked, though knowing the answer is no.

Crystals chin quivered as she tried to hold back another sob, she turned to me with tear stained cheeks, "I'm so so sorry Victoria." She cried.

I shook my head, "you have nothing to be sorry for, this is my fault. I should have just said who he was from the beginning, then Andrew could have taken care of him and we wouldn't be in this mess." I rested my head against the bars of the cage I was in trying to think of a way to get out of this mess.

"no, Victoria, it's my fault." She spoke lowly. I lifted my head to her and furrowed my brows, but before I could get a word out she began explaining herself, "I thought you were telling Andrew upstairs that you were pregnant, and when Connor went to go get you guys I figured you would tell him too, and I just got so excited I had to tell someone. At first I just told him you we're probably telling Andrew you we're pregnant, but then he started asking questions about you and I was just so excited... so I told him." I froze. That's how Brett knew I was there. I didn't know what to say, but Crystal didn't leave the room silent for long.

"If I had known that Brett was the one who abused you I never would have-" she stopped taking a big breath in before her body was wracked with sobs. Taking in another big lungful of air she spluttered out, "I didn't even know who he was or my mistake until they grabbed me on my way to that class. After I told Brett about you in the kitchen I went up to bed because I knew I had to be up early the next morning. I never got a chance to talk to Connor about anything, Brett was the one to rub my mistake in my face. You shouldn't have knocked that vile of wolfsbane out of his hand Victoria. I should be dead. I deserve that for putting you back in the place you originally ran away from."

I sat stunned. I wasn't sure what to do now. Of course I was upset, but being mad about it wouldn't help anything. What's done is done. Now we had to work through the problem. "Crystal, it happened. It's over. Let's just focus on trying to fix the problem." I tried to sound strong, but I knew it came out defeated. "are you able to mind link?"

Crystal sucked in a breath and shook her head, "Hes got me locked up in silver, I cant shift, mind link anyone, and its burning me." Crystal winced as she lifted her wrist, the chain cuffs holding her in place falling an inch lower on her wrist showing the searing purple burn across her wrist. "I don't know what to do, Victoria."