17

"two hundred ninety-seven. Two hundred ninety-eight. Two hundred ninety-nine. Three hundred." I finished counting the five minutes it said to wait in the instructions and felt my heart jump to my throat. The only thing I could hear was my heartbeat in my ears, and my heavy forced breathing.

I stood from the side of the bathtub and walked over to the sink where the pregnancy tests were all lined up. I looked at myself in the mirror for a second and noted how nervous I looked.

Taking a deep breath, I reached down and picked up the first test. With shaky fingers I turned it over in my hand and in the middle of the result screen was a tiny pink +.

It felt like time stood still. My mind was racing one hundred miles a minute. I was shocked, but I also wasn't freaking out. I felt calm almost. But I still had 4 more tests, so I put down the first one and quickly turned the rest over on the counter. Three of them had the same tiny pink +, but the last one had two blue lines. I furrowed my brows and realized this was a different kind of test. I bent down and opened the cabinet under the sink searching for the box to match the test. Finally I came to one with a picture of the same test on the front and quickly turned it around to find the key. Skimming through the instructions I finally found it. "One line = negative. Two lines = positive." It was positive.

Without realizing it a smile crept onto my face. Crystal is right. I don't think anyone is ever truly ready for a child, but its always been part of my plan to have a kid, and having one with Andrew is just the cherry on top of my dreams. I know he will be a great parent. His parents did so well raising him and if our children turn out anything like him I'd say we did pretty well.

My heart was still beating out of my chest but now it wasn't with anxiety, It was with excitement. I grabbed the last test and made my way out of the bathroom. Crystal was sat on her bed looking down at her phone with a goofy grin on her face. She noticed me enter the room and snapped her head up to me.

I managed to keep a straight face as I walked over to her, "What are you smiling at?" I questioned.

She shrugged and tossed her phone down beside her, "Connor. He may be overbearing, but goodness I love that man." Her cheeks filled with a rosy hue and I sat down beside her, "okay, boys aside. What did they say?" she asked eagerly.

Without saying anything I handed over the test. She quickly turned it in her hand so she could read it. She stared at it for a second and then looked to me with confusion on her face, "I don't know what this means. I didn't take this test."

I tried to keep my face still, but the smile broke through and I couldn't hold it back, "I'm pregnant!" I announced.

Immediately her face lit up and she jumped forward and squeezed me in a tight hug, "Oh my gosh!" I got goosebumps at her excitement, "and don't worry about not being ready, cause I'm not either, but Connor and I are going to the pack mommy and me classes that are once every two weeks and they'll walk you through the pregnancy and then give you tips on how to take care of a baby and what to do in stressful situations."

I nodded to her taking in all the information, "Yeah I may just take you up on that." I used to help take care of the babies in the nursery at my old pack, so I knew the basics and was sure I could get around it, but it couldnt hurt to go to some of these classes. Plus its even better cause Crystal is going through this with me so I wont feel as awkward considering I still haven't met the pack. Andrew said he was going to wait to introduce me until we were fully mated, so if I had to go to these alone, not knowing anyone I'm pretty sure id have a heart attack.

"do you want me to get Andrew back here so you can tell him?" she questioned bringing me out of my thoughts.

I shook my head, "no, he said hes got some business to deal with because that alpha is here."