Chapter 12

He didn't say anything. His eyes stayed locked on mine. Wide. Shocked. Searching for any sign to tell him I'm joking. I swallowed the lump forming in my throat and desperately prayed he didn't notice how clammy my hands had become. The room was silent apart from our breaths. He sat stone cold. Not moving. His eyes flickering from my right eye, to my left, and down to my lips only to repeat the process over and over again.

I licked my dry lips and watched as his eyes immediately locked on the movement. When his eyes came back for focus on my face I couldn't sit by any longer in this silence. I need to know what he was thinking, "Say something." I pleaded.

He opened his mouth only for a second before snapping it shut once again. "Andrew, please." I begged, "What's going through your head?" I moved my hand from his to cup the side of his face. His hand immediately shot up and lightly gripped my wrist to hold it in place.

He let out a puff of air and slightly shook his head, "I don't know. I-... What? Are you sure?" He quickly spluttered out.

My eyes held his as I nodded, unable to form words to answer his question. His mouth turned up into a smile before he brought my hand down to rest in his lap. "I don't want you to rush into anything. I want you to be 100% sure about this."

I bit my lip to hold back tears threatening to over flow. "I am 100% in love with you. I want to spend the rest of my life with you. I want to be as connected to you as I can." I sucked in a breath before I continued, "I feel so safe with you. I'm petrified to take on the tasks of being a luna, but with you I know I can do it. With you I know nothing is impossible. With you I am whole again."

Andrew let out a shaky breath and grabbed the sides of my face. He gently wiped away the tears running down my cheeks and brought his lips down to mine. He hovered over them for a moment and I could feel the sparks of anticipation. He lightly brushed his nose against mine and smiled. I gazed into his eyes and noticed them tearing up. I couldn't hold back anymore and brought my lips up to meet his.

Fireworks. Just like any other time we kissed I felt fireworks. These weren't the mediocre ones that teenage boys light off in their back yard either, there were proper 4th of july fireworks. Per usual our mouths moved together in sync and I was overwhelmed by the musky scent that engulfed me. I gipped the back of his neck to pull him closer. He traced his tongue over my bottom lip and I happily granted him access. Shivers overtook my body as our tongues explored eachothers mouths.

Andrew pulled back and rested his forehead against mine. His smile took over his face as his eyes met mine, but suddenly his smile faltered slightly and he became serious. "It's going to hurt," he said hesitantly.

He seemed like he wanted to say more, but I placed my hand over his mouth to silence him, "I know." I assured him, "I know."

Andrew seemed hesitant, so I quickly brought my lips up to meet his. I felt his hands grip my hips as they guided me over to straddle his lap. I rested my hand on the back of his neck lightly tugging at the little hairs back there while my other hand cupped the side of his face. His lips slowly left mine and traced their path down from the corner of my mouth, to my cheek, down to my jaw, until finally resting on the crook of my neck.

My body was alive as I felt his tongue trace over the spot where I knew he would mark me. He leaned up slightly to whisper in my ear, "Are you ready?" I could hear the anticipation between his words and found myself filled with butterflies.

I couldn't speak. All I could do was nod my head, but I knew he saw. He kissed my cheek once more before finding his way back down to my neck. I felt his arm wrap around my back pulling me closer, while his right hand came up to grip my forearm resting at our sides. Andrew took in a shaky breath and placed one more light kiss over my neck covering my body in goosebumps before finally sinking his teeth into me.