The Alpha Saved Me

It's freezing outside. I can feel most of my body becoming numb. If I were to guess I'd say it was about 22 degrees outside right now, and I'm wearing cutoff leggings and a black tank top. Why? Well, this is all I have.

My name is Victoria Day. I'm from the Black Night pack, however I'm not a werewolf. When I was just a baby, my birth parents left me on the front porch of the pack house and left. In the morning an elderly man named, Jacob, found me and took me in. Jacob was like a father to me. He was kind, and generous, and loving, and he stood up for me in any given situation. Because I was human I was treated kind of as the outcast. No one really liked me besides Jacob. Actually I take that back. I did have one friend, Brett.  Brett was the son of the Alpha. He is about 4 years older than me. We used to play together all the time. Sometimes he would leave his group of friends to come sit with me if I was alone. He was really nice until his 16th birthday when he was to start training to become Alpha.

Since Brett was training all the time I hardly ever got to see him anymore, so I decided to focus on school work, or if I had none I'd enjoy reading. That's another thing. I love reading. I think its because I never really had anyone so I had to find a friend in the characters of my books. Jacob said he loved watching me read because it reminded him of his mate.

Jacob had a mate years before I showed up. They were going to have a pup, but unfortunately while giving birth, his mate died. Jacob held his new born daughter as they tried to bring her back, but it didn't work. The baby died as well because of lack of oxygen as they were trying to bring Linda, Jacobs mate, back. After that Jacob became weaker and weaker without his mate. He said that a mate is all you really have to live for, and if you lose your mate then what is there to live for.  Jacob said I was the spitting image of his daughter and that's part of the reason he brought me in.  He said I became his reason to live. But as I grew older and older, Jacob became sicker. He can barely move from his bed anymore, He can hardly hear, and he looks like he has been starved for the past 6 years. Jacob was only 47.

He died around 11 months ago.  That was a really hard time for me because he was really the only thing I had. At the funeral I saw Brett for the first time in around 5 years. He looked so grown up and mature. Very handsome. He was looking at me as if searching for something in me. His stare made me rather uncomfortable. I could feel his stare throughout the entire funeral.

After the funeral I was up in my bedroom sitting on my bed reading when I heard a knock at the door.

"Come in" I said, my voice cracking from all the crying I'd done.

The door opened and Brett walked in closing it quickly behind him. Brett walked over to me and stood a foot in front of me as he lifted my chin up to look at him.

"Finally" Brett mumbled.

"What?" I asked very confused.

"He's gone." Brett answered my question with a smirk.

I looked at him, shocked that he could say that about Jacob."What the hell Brett?!" I questioned turning my head out of his grasp.

Brett Growled and forced my head up to look at him once again. "You will NOT speak to your future mate like that." He sneered.

"Future mate? I'm not mating to you!" I said slightly scared now as his eyes turned to pitch black.

"Oh yes you are. I may not have been able to touch you before, when Jacob was here, but do you see him now?" he smirked.

Apparently Jacob had made Brett and the Alpha sign a contract stating that I could not be touched by either of them as long as he lived. Jacob obviously doesn't trust them and that makes me really nervous.