Chapter 5

I woke up wrapped in warmth. I breathed in the scent around me and recognized it as Andrews. Memories of last night came fluttering back. I could feel my cheeks flush at the thought of how ridiculous I must have looked. He must think I'm crazy. I sighed and forced myself to open my eyes.

I was still in the same position as last night. My head on Andrews chest, my hand resting on his bare stomach, our hands joined together. Andrew has his arm against my back holding me in place. The only thing different is that our legs are now intertwined with each other.

I looked up to his face to see him sound asleep. I took this time to take him in fully. He has medium brown hair disheveled right now, but still hot none the less. He has long, thick, full eyelashes that frame his eyes beautifully. His eye lashed lay on his high cheekbones which are scattered with just a few light freckles. His lips are perfect. Not too big, not too small, and they're a light shade of pink. Looking at them mead me want to kiss him more than I ever thought I would ever want to kiss anyone. I forced myself to look away from his lips and looked down to his jaw. He has the sharpest jaw line I've ever seen. You could saw wood with it probably. I saw him swallow and his Adam's apple bob up and down. I followed the lines in his skin where his muscles bulged and then down to his pecks, and finally my eyes landed just under where our hands laid. He's got the perfect body. His abs are the most attractive thing I've seen in a long time.

I slowly too my hand out of his and almost regretted it as the warm shocks left my hand. I slowly reached down to touch his abs, careful as to not wake him. I followed the lines down until I got to his bellybutton where a small light happy trail laid, leading down to his.. well you know. I moved  my hand back up just above his abs to his chest where his chest hair was, and I began to play with it.

I guess I didn't really focus on how long I'd been messing with his chest hair, so it startled me when he brought his hand up to intertwine our fingers together again. I felt myself blush again at the realization of me being caught messing with him.

Andrew leaned down and kissed the top of my head, his lips lingering there for a second. "Good morning," he mumbled with a tired voice.

I leaned a little bit away from him to sit up, untangling our legs and fingers in doing so. Andrew soon followed my actions and we sat up together against the headboard in silence for a bit until I decided to break it. "Andrew, am I never going to be able to leave?" I asked looking down so I wouldn't have to see his reaction.

He took hold of my chin and brought it up to meet his face. His eyes weren't the normal vibrant green, now they were a deep shade of brown. "You will not leave. I have promised to protect you  from any harm. As an Alpha and as your mate, I will keep my word to that. Nothing will get you as long as you're with me." He said lowly, yet lovingly at the same time. I bit my lip unsure of how to respond to that. "Vitoria, do you trust me?" he whispered to me.

I thought for a moment. Do I trust him? If I didn't trust him then I wouldn't have invited him to bed, I wouldn't be here sitting with him, I wouldn't have cuddled with him last night. He makes me feel protected, his words calm me down, I think I do trust him. I looked back up to his now golden brown eyes and nodded while making a note in my head to ask about his eye color changing all the time.

Andrews lips pulled up in the corner and he slowly started to  lean in. I looked from his eyes, down to his lips, and then back to his eyes again, finally realizing that he was coming in for a kiss. I felt my chest tighten and I internally started to panic, but as he came closer and got less than an inch from my lips, I felt my body become tingly and found myself slowly leaning in towards him as well. Just as I felt the sparks hit my lip, a buzzing sound came from the nightstand behind me, making me jump and bump heads with him. I brought my hand to my forehead and winced a little bit. I looked back to Andrew to see his eyes closed. I heard him take a slow intake of breath through his nose. He quickly got up off the bed and walked around to the night stand, picking up his cell phone and answering it without even checking who it was.