Chapter 11

The end credits began to roll from the movie Crystal and I had just finished watching. I looked over to find she had fallen asleep cuddled to a throw pillow. I reached for the remote and turned off the TV before blowing out the candles and grabbing a blanket to lay over Crystal so she wouldn't get cold. I thought about waking her up so she could go sleep in her own bed, but this girl is grumpy when she gets woken up so I thought it best to leave that to Connor.

I gathered the empty bowls of popcorn and our glasses from the coffee table and took them into the kitchen to wash and put away. Once that was done I glanced at the clock on the oven that read 10:47pm. Andrew and Connor have been in the office for a good few hours. I was curious as to what they were discussing, but decided that it wasn't my place to pry. If Andrew wanted to tell me then he would tell me. I decided to head upstairs to start getting ready for bed, making sure to lock the front door on my way.

I made my way into our bedroom and let out a yawn as I stretched my arms. I decided on a pair of loose pink shorts and a slightly baggy white tee to sleep in tonight. It was still quite chilly outside, but I've found that cuddling next to a werewolf in long sleeved pajama sets makes me very sweaty. Not the ideal sleeping situation.

I changed and threw my dirty clothes in the hamper and made my way into the bathroom. Throwing my hair in a bun I looked in the mirror and was shocked for a moment when I saw the hickeys. I had forgotten all about them, but seeing them brought a wave of emotions over me. That familiar red tint quickly coated my cheeks and I couldn't help the smile from spreading across my face. I took a breath to calm myself and made work of scrubbing my makeup off, washing my face, and brushing my teeth.

Just as I was putting the toothbrush into the holder the door in the other room slammed shut. I jumped at the sound and cautiously made my way to the bathroom door to see what the commotion was about. Andrew stomped over to the closet unbuttoning his shirt on the way. His nose was slightly crinkled on the side and his face was rock hard. He looked pissed beyond imagine. I'd never seen him this way. Something tells me the business he was dealing with was the cause.

I turned off the bathroom light and made my way to the couch as I waited for Andrew to come out of the closet. I tucked my legs up on the couch beside me and grabbed a small pillow to put over my lap. The closet light suddenly clicked off and Andrew came out wearing black pajama bottoms that hung low on his hips. He still had the same scorn look on his face as he walked past me to the night stand where he grabbed his charger to plug in his phone. He haphazardly threw his phone down on the night stand and crouched down with his hands gripping either side of the wooden table. I could see his back stretching with each breath he took in trying to calm down.

The silence in the room was deafening, "is everything okay?" I questioned breaking the silence.

Andrew turned his head to me for a moment and then stood up to his full height. He looked away and shook his head, "Just some alpha stuff I had to deal with." He explained. His voice was hard and deep. I could tell he was agitated. He made his way toward me the couch I was sitting on and laid down beside me resting his head on my lap. Throwing his arm over his head to cover his eyes.

I rested my hand on his chest and I could feel his rapid heartbeats. He instantly reached up with his other arm and intertwined our fingers slowly running his thumb over mine as if I were the one who needed comforting.

A moment passed between us, and unsure of what to do I said, "Do you want to talk about it?" He didn't respond which I expected. Usually when people are in a bad mood the last thing they want to do is talk about it, but I know that talking things through is what helps you get over it. "I'm a really good listener." I added.