Chapter 2

I woke up clutching my chest, trying to control my rapid heartbeat and fast breathing. I felt the tears slide down my face and I quickly wiped them away. It's not like this is the first time this has happened. I get these nightmares every night. Some worse than others, but they're still all the same, they're all about Brett. This is why I hate going to sleep. I may be hundreds of miles away from him, but when I fall asleep, it's like I'm still there, he can still hurt me.

I pulled my legs up to my chest and with a shaking hand, I reached over to turn the lamp beside the bed on. The clock read 5:12am, I'd only been asleep for a few hours. This is normally the time I'd get up in Brett's house to make breakfast.

"Stop thinking about him Victoria! He's a monster! You're making it harder on you." I scolded myself.

Its like I cant help it anymore. Everything I do, everything I say, everywhere I look reminds me of him in some way. I'm so scared. I don't want him to find me. I know that if he does, he'll take me back and I won't ever get out again. He will do unthinkable things to me, things that I can't even imagine.

I took in a slow steady breath trying to calm me down and it actually worked. I'd forgotten about being in Andrews room. There's something about this room, the smell, It's very calming, relaxing almost. I love it.

Knowing Crystal would wake up at some point I decided not to go back to sleep. I got out of Andrews bed and stepped onto the cold floor. I walked over to the balcony windows and opened them. I soon regretted that decision as a pile of snow rolled in covering my feet and knocking me onto my butt. I crawled back a foot or two and go up onto my knees and started pushing the snow out onto the patio again before closing the doors. It's still cold outside but I have to get going. I need to be as far away as possible before Brett gets close to finding me.

I stood up and walked back over to the sweatshirt and my tank top laying on the floor by the bed. I quickly changed from Andrews T-shirt back into my tank top and the sweatshirt. I made the bed back and cleaned up any mess around the room before walking to the door. I turned the knob about to leave when I stopped and turned to look at the closet. I bit my lip and tiptoed over to the closet, grabbing another T-shirt and tucking it into the pocket of the sweatshirt before leaving Andrews room.

I walked into the hall and closed the door behind me. I quietly walked down the hall to the stairs and began walking down them.

"Shoes! Damnit! I have absolutely no shoes what the hell am I supposed to do?" I questioned myself. I sat on the top step and put my head in my hands. I turned back around and looked down the hall. "Which one is hers?" i got up and slowly walked down the hall where Crystal had turned after showing me to Andrews room. I turned the corner and saw a large door with a big golden 'C' in it. this must be Crystals room.

I quietly turned the knob and entered the dark room. The light from the hallway gave me a got chance to see the layout of her room. It was actually just like Andrews room, only messier and pinker. I walked over to the door which was the closet in Andrews room and quickly entered it. Just as I expected it was in fact a closet. One side of the closet was lined with racks of clothes of all kinds, dresses, skirts, shirts, blouses, pants, shorts, everything. But on the other wall there were shoes covering the whole wall from floor to ceiling. Boots, flipflops, tennis shoes, slippers, heels, flats, and even a cart of socks. I quietly grabbed a pair of socks and the first pair of boots I could reach and made my way out of Crystals room, closing the door and rushing off to the stairs.

The boots were actually really cute, and they were my size, a size 6. Not to mention but they were so comfortable as well. Once I put the boos on I made my way to the kitchen to make Crystal breakfast. I made her what I usually made Brett. Scrambled eggs, a stack of pancakes, bacon, and a glass of orange juice. I even made a pot of coffee. After the food was done I put it on a dish and covered it so the steam would stay in. I then made my way down the hall looking for an office, or a study, or something with a pen or paper. After about 15 minutes entering room after room finding nothing, I finally found the study. I was once again attacked by the scent from Andrews room, this must be his study then. I closed my eyes and took a big wiff of the smell before snapping back into it and looking for the light switch, which by the way I had no luck finding, so I was to do this basically blind seeing as the light from the hall only shone about 3 feet into the room. I walked around the office bumping into anything and everything, but luckily found his desk and a drawer filled with pens, and paper, and markers, you know the typical office supplied. I grabbed a pen and a sheet of paper and basically ran out of the room. It's now 8am and I need to get going.