Chapter 14

Chaos. That's the only way I knew how to describe everything around me.

I felt my body spasming, but couldn't quite figure out what was going on. I couldn't hear anything. My skin felt hot, and my neck was throbbing. I felt a warm hand squeezing mine and tried to squeeze back to let them know I was aware of what was happening, but it was like my mind was paralyzed. I tried to speak. Nothing. I tried to open my eyes, but it was like someone glued them shut.

I felt the touch of someone running their hand over my hair in a soothing manner. I felt so helpless. I wanted to know what was going on. I wanted to speak. I wanted to see Andrew.

Andrew! I completely forgot that we can speak through our mind link. I took a breath and tried to clear my mind of everything to open up completely to him.

"Andrew?" I started not knowing what to say. I waited a few moments. Nothing. "Andrew?" I begged, but still I got nothing.

Suddenly I felt a prick in my arm and could feel a cool substance spread through my veins which helped slightly with the heat covering my body. Finally, my spasms slowed to a stop and I felt a little more relaxed. The touch on my hair was gone, and I felt the hand slip through my fingers. I felt even more alone now.

I decided to try once more to open my eyes. I peeked through my right eye and was blinded by the bright light above me. I instantly shut my eye for a moment and braced myself for the light once again before opening my eyes completely.

It took a moment for me to realize where I was, but I quickly recognized this room from when Connor brought me in when I fell in the lake. I was in the pack clinic in the pack house. I finally realized I wasn't alone in the room. Connor and Crystal were stood by the door in their pajamas holding eachother closely looking very worried. I looked to where they were staring and saw a frantic Andrew yelling at the doctor. I tried to remember her name, but it wasn't coming to me.

The doctor was trying to calm him down, but was failing miserably. He was completely red from head to toe. His veins were popping out of his head and his neck, and I could see how black his eyes were from over here. I still couldn't hear anything except the ringing in my ears, but by the way his neck flexed, and the way the doctor flinched when he spoke to her I could tell he was yelling and something was very young.

I closed my eyes tight to try to clear them of the tears welling up. My throat started to get tight and I knew I was seconds away from bursting. I opened my eyes again and felt the tears roll down the sides of my face, but now I was starting to gain control of my body. I moved my fingers slightly and it must have caught Crystals attention because her head snapped to me.

When she realized I was awake her eyes widened and she instantly left Connors side and rushed to mine. She started to speak, but I couldn't hear anything. My chin began to quiver and I started to panic not knowing what to do.

Suddenly my body was ignited and I felt like I was being set on fire. My back arched off the bed and I squeezed my eyes and fists shut to try to relieve some of the pain I was feeling. I felt hands on my shoulders pushing me back down and I opened my eyes to Crystal hovering above me, eyebrows furrowed, concern written all over her face. She was saying something to me, but I couldn't read her lips. She instantly backed away from me as Andrew rushed to my side.

I turned my head to look at him and his face morphed from pissed off to concerned when he took in my frightened eyes and the tears rolling down my face. His hand gripped mine and my body was instantly relieved from the pain. It didn't feel hot anymore, now it was just an uncomfortable sensation. I relaxed back onto the bed and squeezed his hand as I tried to get my breathing under control. He was saying something to me and I tried my best to read his lips, but all I got was "I love you". I blinked some more tears out and tried to say it back, but I couldn't form the words.