Chapter 6

I'm sitting here on the couch alone. My sleeves are rolled up. My face is tight from crying, and I can't help but stare at my bruises.

"He couldn't have meant to hurt me. He wouldn't hurt me. It was just an accident." I keep thinking to myself.

It must have been at least half an hour since crystal left, and all I can think about is what I can do to make him happy. Is that not the craziest thing ever? My werewolf mate bruised my wrists and I'm sitting here thinking of some way I can make him happy. I saw how upset he looked when he left and no matter what I do to try and convince myself that I hate him, or that he's bad for me, his face pops up in my head and I feel guilty. I have no idea what I feel guilty of, all I know is that my chest hurts the more I think about his pained face.

I heard the front door open, and a few pairs of feet enter. "Hello?" a female voice called out.

It was silent for a moment before another voice, male this time, called out, "Andrew? Connor?" he paused for a second, "Crystal?"

"I'm here!" Crystal called out. I heard her footsteps down the stairs.

"Oh hey, where's Andrew?" the man asked.

It got quiet. I could hear them still talking but they lowered their voices to a mumble, probably so I couldn't hear. I sighed and pulled my sleeves down. I got up and walked to the window and looked out at the snow. It wasn't actually snowing today, just a nice thick blanket. Still I worry about Andrew, I mean I know he's a werewolf and all but he went out in just his boxers, no shoes or anything, surely he must be a little cold.

"um, Victoria?" Crystal called out from the doorway.

I didn't turn around, I just kept looking outside. Someone cleared their throats, "Hi, Victoria. My names Anna." A sweet voice called out. She sighed, "look Victoria, I know you probably don't want to talk to anyone right now, but I think I can help you with your situation." That caught my attention.

I slowly spun around to face her. She was a beautiful girl, older than me, perhaps in her early 20's. She had long beach wavy hair that flowed down to the middle of her stomach. Her blue eyes shone brightly even from across the room. She wore an oversized shirt and sweatpants. Anna smiled at me, "Good, now why don't you join me on the couch?" she asked. I nodded and we both started for the couch together, but I noticed she had a little waddle in her step, and as she turned to the side I could see her perfect baby bump sticking out.

Once we reached the couch she looked over to Crystal who still stood in the doorway, "Crystal, I'm sorry hun, but can I please have some time alone with Victoria?" she asked in her sweet voice.

Crystals face dropped, but she nodded, "yeah I'll go help Jackson try to find Andrew." She muttered before walking down the hall and out the front door.

Anna and I sat in uncomfortable silence for a minute before she broke it, "So why don't you start off by telling me everything that's going through your head." She suggested.

I looked at her nervously and she gave me a reassuring smile. I took a deep intake of breath, "I feel.. stupid. I feel trapped. I feel alone. I feel ashamed. I feel like.. I just want to die."

Anna nodded, "Yeah I know exactly wha-"

"no you don't" I cut her off, "You don't know what  I mean, you haven't lived my life. You don't know what I've gone through." I said defensively.

She blinked seeming unaffected by my outburst, "you're right. I don't know what you've gone through, and it's your decision on what you want to tell, or who you want to tell, and I won't ask you anything about it. just let me tell you my story."