Chapter 3

(Andrews POV)

I hung up the phone with my sister Crystal and focused back on the road ahead of me.

I'm coming back from another visit to my parent's graves. It's been 3 months. 3 months without them. It's unbelievably hard. Since my father was Alpha I was forced into the role, at the age of 20,  when he died. I didn't have as much training as I would have wanted but I seem to be doing okay I guess.

I was very close to my parents. My mom was such an incredible woman. She was so generous, and kind, and funny, she was everything a great mother should be and more. I want a mate like her. I want a daughter like her. I will raise my daughter to be exactly like her, so she grows up to be a beautiful amazing woman just like her grandmother. My father was my best friend, apart from Connor. It wasn't like the typical father son relationship. I don't remember ever getting in a fight with him. I don't remember ever arguing with him. If we ever got annoyed we would just push each other around until we started wrestling and laughing and then everything was okay. I went to my father for everything. I talked to him about school, sports, the birds and the bees, I mean anything and everything. My father used to say, "There is never a dumb question Andrew." I felt very comfortable with him.

I miss my parents more than you could imagine. I try to go down to see them every other week. It's very comforting to me. I know they can't talk back to me, but I feel them with me, and that brings a sort of joy to my crazy life. Typically I stay down there for about 2 days maybe 3, but this time I was called back because of a rogue in our territory. Usually Connor would just decide to do with them when I'm away since he is the beta, but this time he mind linked me telling me he couldn't decide what to do. He feels protective over this rogue for a weird reason.

I decided not to worry about what I'll do to the rogue right now. It's a long drive back. I leaned over and picked up the CD on the passenger seat, put it in, and drove home listening to the playlist my sister had made for me.

I turned down my street, just a few minutes away from home, to see kids outside playing in the street with each other, or building snowmen with their dads, or their mothers bringing them hot chocolate, it just made me want to get home that much faster. I may not have my parents, but I do still have a sister that I love and a best friend, both who care so much about me.

I sped up just a bit and made it home within two minutes. I pulled up into the long driveway and parked my car. I got out and looked up to my house. Usually you would see all of the lights on and the young pups would be outside playing, running around, having fun, but since my parents died and I've been so gloomy and upset all the time, I decided it would be best for everyone to move out, except for my beta of course and his mate, which just so happens to be my sister. It's just better that the pack doesn't see me upset, or worried about anything so that my mood doesn't bring them down.

Sighing I walked up to the door and stormed in, ready to get this rogue off of our hands. I slammed the door and walked to the kitchen where I heard Crystal and Connor laughing. I walked in to see them throwing flour at each other, cracking eggs on their heads, and the dessert that Crystal was making was splattered all over the walls, counters, stove, refrigerators, let's just say that the kitchen was a complete wreck. I leaned against the kitchen door and smiled, watching the scene in front of me. The two of them didn't notice my presence until Connor slipped on some spilled milk and I couldn't contain my laugh anymore. Crystals head snapped up and she blushed while helping Connor up.

"Oh. Um, welcome home Andrew!" she said awkwardly.

I smiled at her and shook my head, "Yeah, welcome home indeed. I see you two made a mess."

She looked around and laughed, "I'm sorry. We will clean it up."

"No I won't. It was your fault anyways." Connor teased her.