Regret - Peter Parker x (f)Reader (Royalty!AU)

Words: 8537
Pairing: Peter Parker x (f)Reader
Featuring: Father Tony Stark, Mother Pepper Potts (technically stark), May Parker. Random characters named Zoe and Connor (they are not siblings)
Warnings: Some swearing, swords, fighting with swords
Summary: In an alternate universe lives King Tony, Queen Pepper, and Princess (Y/N) in the Kingdom of Avenge. In the same universe lives Queen May and Prince Peter in the Midtown Kingdom. When the Queen and Prince of Midtown visit the Kingdom of Avenge, the prince and princess meet for the first time. A rollercoaster of emotions is to come after: from both of them, from the start, thinking they will never be friends. Only after figuring out they are not what they seem do they become closer. 
Authors Note:  So, this is my first full out AU.  This was also for an au challenge from tatortot2701! It was based off a prompt and I chose the prompt "You're going to regret this." This fic was one of the ones that really made me love AUs! Also Zoe is your lady in waiting and Connor is a chef. 

*Edited*

---

The Kingdom of Avenge was never one to think they would be on the top of the food chain. But with the past rulers doing the right things, and the current leaders being loved by their citizens, it gained popularity. What started out as a small town and kingdom, became one of the biggest, most prosperous kingdoms in all of the marvelous land. In a far off land, but not too far from the other kingdoms, lived the royal family; The Starks. Their kingdom grew and grew, and drew in more money every day. Led by King Anthony Stark and Queen Pepper, with their daughter, you, the kingdom continued to live in prosperity. People and followers loved living there, happy they lived in the land of the Avenge Kingdom. The economy was better than any kingdom could dream of, and the crime was usually taken care of by the kingdom's most trusted guards. You and your family were living well.

You had servants and were raised to be the proper princess everyone expected you to be, thanks to your mother and father. You were awoken by your servant you had around nearly all the time, Zoe, and she helped you prepare for the day. You and Zoe are the same age, making it easy for the two of you to be close. She lays out your outfits, runs your baths, and helps you with anything you need help with. Lucky you both got along, or else you would be stuck talking to the chef all day, so at least Zoe was a friend your own age. Of course, you do love the chef, Connor. He's a little older than you and Zoe, but he's very likable and fun to talk to- so you don't mind staying in the kitchen with him and his staff.

You had to admit; you were very lucky with all the things you have. A wealthy kingdom, a happy family, servants who love their jobs, and citizens who do their work and love where they live. Your life is one of the easier ones when you attend your classes taught by private tutors, and listen to your mother and father whenever they speak. The entire kingdom knows that you will make for a great queen one day.

However, while you and your family live in prosperity, another kingdom not too far away is living in depression. Still friends and allies with the Avenge Kingdom, the Midtown Kingdom is falling. Recently led by King Richard Parker and Queen Mary Parker, along with their son Prince Peter, the king and queen were killed when their boat wrecked in the middle of the ocean. The throne was handed over to King Richard's brother, Ben, and his wife, May. Ben may have been the older one, but turned it down when initially offered as he felt Richard would make a great king- and he did. But Ben and May did not only get the throne and the kingdom to watch over, but they also had to raise and take care of Prince Peter. All seemed to be nearly the same when Ben and May became king and queen, and the kingdom still thrived.

But once King Ben was killed by thieves who saw him as a threat, Queen May was not able to rule alone anymore. The kingdom started to fall, and soon fell into a recession, only leading the kingdom into a deep depression. No matter what Queen May did, she was not able to save the kingdom or recover what they once had. She couldn't pass the throne to the prince, even if she wasn't fit to rule; he had no idea how to rule, himself! His parents believed in raising Peter like a normal child, like the ones in the village. Meaning he had no idea how to act like a proper prince, not to mention acting like a king. There was only one thing to do: ask for help.