Marvelmas (10/13) - December 22 - Wanda Maximoff & Reader

Words: 1060
Pairing: Wanda Maximoff & Reader
Featuring: Tony, Pietro
Warnings: Swearing, fire
Summary: Bake off with Wanda!

*Edited*

---

"On this side of the kitchen, we have the telepath, the nightmare fueler, the Scarlet Witch, Wanda Maximoff!" Tony announced through a microphone that played through the speakers in the kitchen and surrounding rooms.

"And on the other side of the kitchen, we have the ass-kicker, the annoying one, the festive friend, (Y/N) (L/N)!" Tony pointed to you. "And welcome to... Avengers Cook-Off!" He looked at the camera that was pointed at the center of the room.

You decided that making cookies more than just making cookies would be much more fun. And by setting up your phone to get both you and Wanda in the shot was the way to get it like a game show, which you found hilarious.

"Today, we will be testing our two chefs on their skills to make the most festive and delicious cookies!" You and Wanda walked to the center of the room, shook hands, and whispered good luck to each other.

The cookies you were making today were going to the party you convinced Tony to throw, and it would be a much more fun way to introduce how the cookies were made by showing a homemade video. Sure, it would take you a little bit of time to edit it to be how you wanted it, but you knew you had time. You would have time after the competition with Wanda. You also knew that you wouldn't be doing "Clint Day" until the afternoon when his family arrives so that you would be all good.

Tony handed both you and Wanda chef hats and aprons to wear while making the cookies. You had to admit, you looked ridiculous, but at least Wanda looked ridiculous with you.

When you were back to your spot, you began pulling out all the ingredients you needed—the essentials, of course, and a shit ton of chocolate chips.

You saw Tony moving around out of the corner of your eye, watching over the two of you. You asked a few people if they wanted to help you out with this, but they all declined you. Cap had work to do, Bucky was still mad at you, and Pietro said he would be biased. With Tony thinking you're annoying and not liking Wanda very much, he was (probably) the perfect person for the job.

"What are you making?" Tony walked over when you were putting the ingredients together.

"Chocolate chip, but trust me, they're a thousand times better than any you've ever had!" You smiled.

"I don't know if I can trust you. I've had some pretty good cookies," Tony argued as he watched you mix.

"Yeah, yeah, well, I have a secret that goes with it. And no, it's nothing illegal," You chuckled.

"All right, well, that seems like a good time to end this interview. Good luck," He nervously laughed and went to talk to Wanda. You heard what cookies she was making, and thankfully it was different than yours.

While you were cooking, a memory came to your head. This was what you dragged Bucky to the mall for the other day; to get ingredients. And he was being a little baby and wouldn't help you shop for more food. So, he got Santa. When you didn't even realize what you were doing, you burst out laughing because of the memory. That loud laugh caused you to get strange looks from Tony and Wanda. "Sorry, I thought of something funny," You apologized.

"Really? I figured you thought of something sad," Tony retorted, making you roll your eyes at him.

You went back to working, and Tony sat and watched as he waited for something interesting to happen. Well, not much did. You and Wanda focused on baking cookies and mixing ingredients, making it kind of boring to watch.

That was until you went to put the cookies in the oven. Luckily, with Tony being crazy rich, he was able to put in more than one oven, and you had not appreciated that detail until just now.

You were sure you did everything correctly, like preheating it and checking for anything inside, and it all seemed to look just fine. You put the cookies in the oven and set the timer for fifteen minutes while you prepared your second tray.

All of a sudden, you heard something pop in the oven. When you turned to look at it, you saw your cookies burning, making you scream. "Tony, there's a fire!" You ran away from the oven as quickly as you could.

"Finally, something interesting happened!" He jumped to make sure the camera was getting the fire on film. It was a good thing it wasn't a massive fire, or things would probably be going a lot worse.

"Tony, this is serious!" Wanda shouted as she was moving out of the way, "Get the fire extinguisher!"

"Alright, alright guys, you need to calm down," Tony sighed and held his hand out, waiting for his iron hand to fly to him. "I got this."

He held his hand up to the oven, and it was like he knew this was going to happen; the Iron Man suit put out the fire. "I surrender, Wanda; you win," You sighed, telling your baking enemy.

"Tony, did you do something to (Y/N)'s oven?" Wanda raised her eyebrow, also thinking something was a bit off.

"Of course not! Why would I do that?" He stumbled out. "Uh, by disqualification, Wanda Maximoff wins! See you guys later!" Tony chuckled and ran out of the room.

"He totally messed with my oven," You groaned, upset that he ruined your amazing cookies.

"Well, my oven still works, and you have batter left; you can finish making them in mine," Wanda offered. You greatly accepted, ready to shove one of your great cookies in Tony's face to tell him "I told you so," for it being the best damn cookie he's ever tasted.

When Pietro found out Tony messed with you, he was ready to go with the plan he was going to use yesterday. "It's a fantastic tactic; I will annoy him to no extent." Pietro reasoned.

"Don't worry, I'm working with him all day on Christmas Eve; I'll annoy him just enough," You smirked, getting a high five from Pietro.

"You two are horrible," Wanda shook her head at you, "Can I join?"