Annie (AU) - OliverWarbucks!Tony Stark & orphan!Reader

Words: 1811
Pairing: OliverWarbucks!Tony Stark x orphan!Reader
Featuring: Grace Farrell!Pepper Potts, Happy Hogan
Warnings: Reader is an orphan (hence the Annie au), mean miss Hannigan.
Summary: Based on the movie-musical Annie, you are a ten-year-old orphan. Being the billionaire he is, Tony needs to make his image look better. He intends to invite an orphan into his home, and Pepper is the one to bring you back, only to be disproved by Tony, but he changes his mind quickly. Tony's perspective changes on everything soon enough.
Author's Note: I tried not to quote everything from the movie, but it was kind of hard. So there is a lot of description. And this basically goes from when grace arrives at the orphanage to Let's Go To The Movies because I didn't want to just recreate the entire movie.

This is also for a writing challenge! Taylor did a movie au challenge, and I chose Annie, so go ahead and check her out and see the masterlist for all the others!

*Edited*

---

Today happened to be one of the most interesting days you've ever experienced while in the orphanage. Most days just consisted of cleaning, dancing when no one was looking, and complaining from the lady in charge, Miss H. But today, after the morning cleaning, you escaped the orphanage in the tub for sheets that needed to be cleaned, found a dog, and ran into a police officer. Now, you were in trouble and shoved into the closet with the dog you called Sandy.

But you could hear talking in the office. "I'm not here to sell makeup. I'm Pepper Potts, assistant to Tony Stark, and he's looking for an orphan to come spend the week with him-"

"Hold on," Miss H stopped Pepper. "Tony Stark the millionaire?"

Pepper laughed. "No, Tony Stark, the billionaire."

You cracked the door open to watch what was happening. Holding Sandy back, you were far too interested in what was being said. Of course, you knew about Tony Stark- but what could he have wanted in an orphanage? "Mr. Stark would like to invite an orphan to spend the week with him," Pepper told Miss H. "I'm here to collect one."

"Well, that's just wonderful," Miss H gave a fake smile. "What kind of orphan did you have in mind?"

It was clear now that Pepper had spotted you peaking out of the closet. "Well, friendly," Pepper saw you smile wide, trying to show your friendliness. "...and intelligent!" She added.

"M-I-double S-I, double S-I, double P-I!" You tried to impress her. She smiled, already falling in love with you.

"And happy!"

You laughed loudly, only making Miss H stand up quickly and slam the door shut. But as soon as she sat back down, you opened the door slowly again to look at Pepper and hear the conversation. "How old?" Miss H asked promptly.

"Age doesn't really matter," Pepper started. "Seven?" She said, and you made your hand raise to indicate you're older. "Eight?" You continued moving your hand. "Nine? Ten?" You showed her to stop there, and she jumped lightly. "Oh, yes, ten is perfect!"

---

Tony had a lot of different emotions, which you realized very quickly. He got home right after everyone celebrated that they were inviting you to stay with them for the week, and he came home in a lousy mood. He didn't like the art that arrived and demanded they send it back, then decided he did like it and wanted it hung in the bathroom. Then, he was even more displeased when he found out you were in the tower...with a wet dog, nevertheless.

"It's okay," You told Mr. Stark. "I had a great time while I was here, anyway. The most fun I've ever had, honestly," You smiled. "Thank you," You nodded.