Chapter Twenty Three- Song of the River

Start from the beginning

"One must keep their most prized possessions under close watch." She spoke as she pulled her trunk to the surface, showing it to be locked with a key that she happened to wear upon her wrist. Pulling it to unlock, the woman let out an excited noise of glee before shuffling through the fabrics and pulling out a bright purple gown that was riddled with ruffles and pinched near the waist. Seeing Evelyn's reaction, the woman shook her head in agreement before pulling another dress. This one having been green and torn at the shoulders to hang just before the elbow and giving a more Gothic feel. Once more, she declined her own suggestion and pulled out yet another dress. None appeared to be Evelyn; they held thick necklines or a mix match of fur and ruffles.

Upon reaching the bottom of her trunk, the woman smiled wide before showing the dress to Evelyn. A stunning white dress with a lace bodice that wrapped around the waist and outlined her cleavage. The design then grew longer as the arms had been long, yet made entirely of lace and fitted skin tight-complete with a place for her middle finger to fit as a sort of medieval glove.

"You must wear this." She offered towards her before Evelyn shook her head.

"It is breathtaking, but I could not take it from you."

"You are not taking it, I am offering it. Please, it will be an honor for our savior's true love to wear something of mine."

Giving a smile in her direction, Evelyn then accepted the dress before being left alone to change. For a moment, she stood in the dress as it wrapped around her perfectly and felt slightly overwhelmed. It felt so long since she wore something she found comfortable and it had to have been the most beautiful thing she had ever worn. The long skirt of the dress trailed back similar to that of a wedding dress. It was purely stunning.

"You look stunning!" The woman who offered the dress spoke to her before handing her a pin made from flowers. "The children made it for you..."

"It is beautiful." She said as she slid a section of hair beneath the pin and slid it to reveal her left ear, giving a risque sort of hairstyle for the time. Giving a large smile of approval, the girl extended her hand and assisted Evelyn from the tent as night began to set. Upon emerging, she saw how Marth's expression changed from laughing due to a joke of a friend to almost in shock. He immediately moved towards her and gently took her hand to his lips and applied a sweet kiss to her skin.

"You are truly ravishing." He spoke as he led her to the nearby fire that had been surrounded by those they now called friends. One by one, each person began to tell stories of Marth, speaking of his heroism and selfless heart-something no one had to remind her. Throughout the night, he continuously kept his hands upon her from her own hand to her waist, to even a simple caresses of the cheek-it had been minor but electrifying moments.

As the night grew later, the women of the small village began to dance around the fire, singing a song in a language unknown to both Evelyn and Marth. During one of the circles being danced around the fire, two of the girls pulled Evelyn and Marth to the center of the floor as they joined in the dance. Doing their best to follow the steps, they eventually ended up dancing together, in a way deemed inappropriate if they were anywhere else. Their fingers were intertwined as his other hand laid gently on her waist. Hers rested on his shoulder as he clung tightly onto her other fingers.

"Must you leave early?" One of the children asked Marth as he moved past the now extinguished fire and towards a tent, to give Evelyn a goodnight kiss.

"Unfortunately, we must. We will be sure to return when we can. We must reach the castle by sundown."

"Be safe, savior." The little boy hugged Marth's leg as he then ran and reconnected with the other children.

"You are genuinely sweet to those children, as if they were family."

"To me, they are. Just as you are." As their eyes locked, she placed her hand upon his cheek before standing on the tips of her toes and applying a sweet kiss on his lips. Pulling back and preparing to say goodnight, he swept her into the tent before lying her on the cot. Turning quickly, he closed the tent from the inside using a system of buttons and string to show they did not wish to be interrupted. Placing himself on top of her, careful to not crush her, he placed vicious yet sincere kisses upon her lips before she began to tear at his shirt-eventually having it torn from his body. His hands moved up and down her side from her back to her hips, then to her leg, gently setting it against his hip. Having her stockings gifted from her new village friend, he smirked before pulling them free to reveal her soft skin. Under his touch, she began to writhe with lust and desire. Clawing at his bare skin as he kissed her neck, he pulled up her dress enough so she could feel his arousal against her. Unable to hold back for another moment, he lifted her other leg before exposing himself. Almost as quickly, he then retreated, sitting up with his back from her.

"What is it?" She asked as she kissed his neck, attempting to place him back against her. Instead, he pulled away.

"My apologies, Evelyn. I vowed to not relinquish myself unless I was wed...A vow I made to my brother and myself. I cannot break it." Without another word, he left her half disheveled in the tent, before she eventually fell asleep with a deep fear of losing him due to her deep hunger for physicality and his devoted promise to himself.