We Are Family

Camila's PoV

I finished piling in the gifts Lauren insisted we bring for the family. They weren't much but still. Alex just got back from picking up his daughter and for a while there, we thought Sarah had changed her mind because Alex hadn't heard from her.

Turned out Sarah's boyfriend was late picking her up and her parents couldn't watch Hannah. That was the only reason Alex lucked out.

"Auntie Camila!" I spun around to find myself being knocked into, with small arms thrown around my legs, and a cute brown eyed, blonde little girl smiling up at me. "Hi!" She bounced up and down and I picked her up.

"Hannah!" I gave her a big kiss on the cheek and she giggled. "Wow, you're growing up so fast, how old are you now?"

"Five!" Hannah grinned and her arms came up around my neck. "Where's Lucas?!"

"Lucas is out with Auntie Sofi." I put her down and she held onto my hand while we went into the kitchen where Alex was having a conversation with my lovely girlfriend.

"And there she is." Alex said proudly as Hannah let go of me and ran into his arms, her face pressed tightly against his chest.

Aside from Austin and my own father, Alex was the best at making his child feel loved and wanted. He knew what to say, what to do and raised a perfect little girl for someone who didn't care about his life until he met his bitch wife Sarah and knocked her up.

"Hannah, I want you to meet this amazing woman right here." I stepped up next to Lauren and watched as Hannah studied the brunette. "Her name is Lauren."

"Lauren?" Hannah's cute brows furrowed and she grinned. "Are you my new mommy?"

I couldn't help but laugh at the cute look on Hannah's face and mortified ones on my brother and Lauren.

"No sweetheart," Alex nervously snickered, "Lauren is Auntie Camila's girlfriend."

"Mommy said two girls can't love each other." The little blonde frowned.

Lauren licked her lips and glanced over at me.

"Mommy shouldn't be saying those things," my brother sat Hannah down on the counter, "you know why?" When she shook her head, he continued. "No one gets to say who falls in love and who they fall for. Auntie Camila and Lauren have been in love for nearly thirteen years." He slacked his jaw at his daughter and smiled when she giggled. "If you ever fell in love with another girl, you know I'll love you regardless." He kissed her nose and helped her down from the counter and watched as she ran out into the living room to finish watching cartoons.

"Wow," Lauren breathed, "you're amazing with her Alex."

He blushed and shrugged, going back to making some juice. "I know I'm a good father, I just wish I was good enough for the court to see that."

"You have witnesses," I smiled encouragingly, "we'll vouch that you deserve a 'Dad of the Year Award'."

"Thanks," Alex laughed softly, "you two aren't so bad yourselves. I've seen you both this morning with Lucas and Dylan. I always figured Lauren would be wearing the pants though."

"Jerk." I punched his arm with a laugh.

The doorbell rang and Sinu was at the door quicker than anyone. "Kyla! Austin! Kids!" I heard her shriek with joy and rolled my eyes. It wasn't like she didn't see them everyday. Kyla was my sister technically speaking.

"NANA!" I heard a cute little voice echo through the house.

My focus was immediately on Lauren when I noticed her body tensing. "Hey," I wrapped an arm around her waist, "everything okay?"

Where Were YouOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara