Homeward Bound

Sofi's PoV

Screams of laughter could be heard on the ice. Austin was teaching Cailyn how to skate on the smaller rink where Lucas and Dylan helped.

Normani was busy trying to prove she was better than Camila, but failed she lost her balance by just standing there.

Lauren sat quietly beside me and I knew she wanted to let me know she was there if I needed to talk. It'd be a long time since we sat down and talked.

Sammy was next to her, watching the friendly game about to unfold between old high school friends.

"If you ever need to talk," Lauren finally whispered, her gloved hand grabbing mine, "you always have me."

"Thank you." I looked at her with a small smile.

"Hey," Sammy frowned, "are you okay?" Her blue eyes scanned my face worriedly.

"Yeah." I nodded, feeling Lauren's hand slip from mine. I hadn't told Sammy about the break-up yet, I didn't want to just bring it up out of nowhere. "I think I'm just cold."

"You think?" Lauren broke the ice, adjusting her ass on the bench. "I'm wearing three layers of pants not including the pair of snow pants and my legs are freezing."

"Oh," Sammy hopped up and clapped her hands, "we have some hot chocolate in the car and we brought blankets. I'll be right back." She patted my head on her way towards the path the led to the parking lot.

"Momma!" Lucas came charging up with her skates on. "Are they going to start the game soon?"

"They are." Lauren smiled at the smaller blonde and watched as her and Dylan curled into each other and under their blanket, getting ready to scream no doubt.

"Here," Sammy came back with a thermos of hot chocolate and a blanket, draping it over our legs. She decided to sit beside me instead of Lauren and it made it hard for me to even concentrate.

"So where are you going after this?" I asked quietly.

"Well Normani is going back to Minnesota for a bit. She's going to be training and I thought I'd check it out." Sam smiled a little. "I figured I'd fly from there to Australia and then get back work."

I could only nod. I didn't know what to say after that.

"What about you, Sofia?" She breathed softly. "Planning on heading to New York to see your girl?"

I was about to open my mouth when it was announced the players were taking a break. Normani was up to the benches in no time, her cold mouth against Sam's.

"I'm going to use the little girls room." I excused myself and Lauen gave me a soft look.

There was heating in the washrooms and I made myself comfortable on the clean sink, swinging my feet back and forth. I wasn't sure if I wanted to go home or go back to my parents.

Home would probably be the best option.

"It is rather warmer in here, isn't it?" I heard a voice say in the doorway. Normani's grey eyes were smiling and her lips were grinning. "I'd stay in here myself but that damn sister of yours is kicking my ass on that ice. It's a shame she's no longer allowed to play hockey."

"Yeah." I agreed wholeheartedly.

"So what are you doing hanging out in here?" She asked, placing her hockey stick against the wall. "Aside from it being a lot warmer."

"I don't know." I shrugged.

"Liar." Normani called my bluff and took off her beanie hat. "What's wrong?"