The Hockey Moms

Lauren's PoV

It was snowing big flakes outside and I watched as they landed on the ground, giving the ground a more 'cleaner' visual to it. I locked my car door and bit my lip, stuffing my hands into my pockets, walking towards the entrance of the café.

I noticed they were already inside. I could see Camila's smile from a mile away as she watched the girls tell a story. I took a deep breath and opened the door, cringing inwardly as the chimes went off.

All eyes were on me.

"Mommy!" Dylan scurried out of the booth and ran to me, flinging her arms around my neck as I bent down to pick her up. She wrapped her legs around my waist and I closed my eyes, feeling content instantly.

"Hey you," I whispered and she pulled back, grinning like a big girl, "how was your day?"

"Good," she nodded, "I already did my homework and Camila let me have ice cream before dinner."

"Hey now," Camila was suddenly standing beside me, "we were supposed to keep that a secret."

I raised an eyebrow and smirked a little when Dylan blushed. "Ah, don't take it personally Camila; Dylan could never hide anything from me."

"Sorry Camila." My daughter murmured cutely and smiled when Camila kissed her on the cheek.

"We saved a spot for you," Camila ushered us over to the booth, "I ordered you a Coke, hope you don't mind."

I shook my head, thanking her softly. I slid into the booth next to Dylan and sat across from Lucas, who was looking at me with a small smile. "Hi Miss Jauregui," she whispered.

I smiled back. "Hi Miss Cabello."

Lucas smiled even bigger and bit her lip. "Dylan's excited about our game."

"I am." Dylan agreed, taking a sip of her strawberry-kiwi juice.

"Well so am I." I said softly and shared a look with Camila.

"Okay so I know that I shouldn't ask you this right now but do you think I can skip practice tomorrow Camila?" I heard that familiar teenage voice come charging through the front of the store. She reached the table and immediately stopped, looking between me and Camila. "Damn, I always interrupt these important moments."

"Bad word." Dylan raised an eyebrow and beamed a grin at Lucas, who high fived her. She was tossed a dollar coin and squealed.

"Every time one of us says a bad word, we owe the girls a dollar." Camila explained and I nodded slowly, smiling. "So Jai, why'd you want to skip practice tomorrow?"

"Uh," she cleared her throat, "because I'm thinking about sleeping in?"

Sounded like Camila when she was in school.

"Oh God come on Coach!" Jaiden whined and fell to her knees, giving Camila a pout. "I have a huge test tomorrow in science and I'm already flunking it. I just wanted to pull an all nighter."

"Yo Wynters!" I heard a voice from the entrance. "Are we still on for that party tonight?"

Jaiden's face paled.

"See you at practice tomorrow." Camila said seriously.

"Goddamnit!" Jaiden yelled slightly. "Jyll! I told you I had it covered!"

"Bad word." Lucas whispered and smiled at the teenager, batting her long eyelashes.

"You're lucky you're young and cute," Jaiden mumbled and tossed another loonie out of her pocket.