Some Familiarity

Lauren's PoV

Team Canada has just taken the Gold! Sneaky goal made by Camila Cabello who had already scored well over 15 times this past week with at least eight assists, had just won her team, the gold. Stay tuned, we're going to head down and catch a closer glimpse at the brunette bombshell who has rocked hockey since she was little.

I turned down the television volume and smiled as Camila's face appeared on the big screen in my living room.

Gorgeous as ever.

"I think you like to torture yourself." Sofi jumped on the couch beside me and passed me a Pepsi. "You've been watching reruns for two days now. That shit was a year ago!"

"She's just so gorgeous." I whispered.

"Yea?" Sofi rolled her eyes and sighed. "Come on Lauren, we have a set list to do and you keep ogling my sister."

I turned off the TV and turned to face my roommate. "I know, I'm pathetic."

"Slightly." Sofi sneered and threw a pen at me. "Now write down your song choices."

"Shouldn't we just let the label do this?" I asked, getting up and stretching.

"You are my label," Baby C dropped her notebook and crossed her legs. "Okay, so you're my manager, but still. Lauren, I want to get this stuff finished before sending out my demo next week."

"Sofi," I smiled and patted her head, "relax, okay? Everything's going to be fine."

"Easy for you to say." Sofi grumbled. "Why don't you just... call her?"

"Right, I haven't seen Camila in three years and you expect to just call her?"

"Why not?"

"Why don't you?" I threw back and she immediately shut up.

Sofi and Camila weren't exactly on speaking terms. I personally thought it was all petty but that was just me.

"Look, let's just work on the songs for the record and move on." Sofi sighed and blew hair out of her face.

"Or," I smiled and pulled the notebook away from her, "we could have some fun?"

"I'm not sleeping with you." Sofi laughed and I rolled my eyes.

"Please, this body belongs to one Cabello and one Cabello only." I pulled her up and dragged her over to the spare bedroom. "Let's make music, not war."

Yea, I made our spare bedroom into a music room. Instruments everywhere with music sheets scattered at every corner. Sofi Cabello was the hottest thing in Victoria, B.C. She was lining up gigs left and right and I had scheduled her first demo to be recorded with the newest label ' Mad Muzik ' .

"We should play 'Samantha Taylor'." I played my fingers over some keys of my piano and looked at Sofi. "Have you spoken to her lately?"

"The other night she called," Sofi smiled, nodding her head, "she's in Australia right now."

"Cool." I nodded my head and smiled as the sound of her guitar filled the air and then her voice followed.

Sofi Cabello was going to be a star. She was going to do wonders with her music and I was just happy she chose me to help her along with it.

//

I glanced out the window that was three stories high and pressed my hand against the cool glass. A bird was on the ground, picking up sticks for its nest.