Troubled Teens

Jaiden's PoV

"Oh stop being a drama queen." My Mom sighed and sat down on my bed. "So you sprained your wrist and can't play hockey for a bit, it'll just give you less of an excuse to avoid homework."

She sucked.

"You suck." I murmured and looked at my poor wrapped up hand.

"Chase, lay off the girl." My other mother plopped down beside me and gave me a wicked smile. "This sprained wrist thing, think of it as more of an opportunity to see Eliza."

Okay, Ephiny Wynters was officially the coolest mother in the world. Nothing against the blonde one giving death glares towards the parent beside me.

"Well she does have a point." I sat up, all of a sudden sounding chipper.

"Eph!" My blonde mom threw her hands up in the air. "Not everyone thinks about women and sex like you do."

"Not true," I frowned, butting in, "Normani always thinks about women and sex."

"Normani doesn't count hon, now let the mommies continue this argument." Mom scolded lightly.

"Sure," I shoved the brunette off my bed and pointed to the door, "this is my room so continue away from me."

"Seriously Chase?" I heard my mother scoff. "Normani's seriously human and your type. I bet you have a small crush on her."

"Out." I laughed as my parents carried on with their argument in the hallway.

Soon they'd be having sex somewhere.

Fuck me that thought was gross.

I grabbed my wallet and keys, needing to be out of the house before any of the ... noise damaged me more than it already had in the past seventeen years.

My parents were seriously deranged but I loved them all the same. They were well respected business owners and popular with just about everybody in town.

I yelled that I was going out for a bit and when I didn't get a response, I took that as a sign to get a move on before the house started to shake. Gross right? I mean, that was my parents I was talking about – but oddly enough, I was used to it.

Still didn't helped the 'ew' factor.

I threw my small messenger bag in the back seat of my mom's old Dodge Charger and started it up. My phone started vibrating and I noticed the number was 'unknown'.

Eh, I'd take a chance.

"Who are you?" I answered casually.

Warm laughter floated through the line and my heart skipped. "Hello to you too, Jaiden."

"Eliza!" I squeaked and shook my phone, not believing it was her who just dialed my phone number – it wasn't like she hadn't before. "Hey, what's up?" Yea, that was me acting 'cool.'

"The bitter cold." She murmured and her friendly voice was gone. "Are you busy? Should I not have called?"

"No no," I said hurriedly, "I was actually just leaving to go for a ride. You know, my parents are being so ... disgusting."

"Huh," Eliza hummed and then I heard a loud noise. It sounded like a semi driving by or something.

"Where are you?" I asked concerned.

"Redden's?" She answered quietly. That was a small convenient store about fifteen minutes out of town. Eliza only lived about ten. "I was hoping I'd catch them before they closed and now I'm freezing my ass off, talking on this piece of shit pay phone."