Don't Look Back In Anger

Sofi's PoV

"Hey!" I scowled as Camila shut off the music that was playing in the living room. "I was listening to that."

"And?" She shot back while turning on the TV. "Go listen to music up in your own room."

"Wow," I glared at her and shook my head, "want me to remove the bitch stick from your ass or will you do it yourself?"

"Fuck you." She shot back, blowing hair out of her eyes.

Camila was back from York after her first year during the summer. Normani was spending it with her own family so she decided to come home and make my life miserable. Not on purpose.

I didn ' t think it was anyway.

She had terrible mood swings and couldn't take a joke. I was getting tired of it and I knew that our parents were noticing it as well.

"Why did you even bother coming home this summer? You've been acting like a bitch." I frowned and she turned to look at me, guilt washing across her face. "What happened at school?"

"Nothing." She immediately closed up again and went back to watching a hockey game. At least that much hadn't changed. "I'm just tired."

"Then take a nap." I sighed and slid down on the couch, resting my feet up on the table. "Did you see that post card Lauren sent?" I asked casually.

Of course she had seen it. Our mom had put it on the fridge.

"No."

"Really?" I raised an eyebrow. "She travelled to Alaska with her parents and sent us a pretty post card. You didn't see it?"

"No."

"Huh," I slouched even further and grabbed the remote, switching the channel, "seems your head is farther up your ass than that bitch stick."

"How the hell do I put up with you?" Camila stood up and threw a pillow back on the couch.

"Question is how do I put up with you?" I stood up, face to face with her. She was slightly taller than me but not by much. "Seriously Mila, what the hell is going on?"

"Nothing!" Camila stomped off towards the kitchen and I followed her. I stopped and noticed that she was inspecting the post card, her fingers dancing along Lauren's writing. Her head hung and she just started to cry, falling to the floor.

I was at her side quickly and took the card from her hands, placing it back on the fridge. "Hey now," I whispered and pulled her into my arms, "why are you crying?"

"Because," she sniffled and her shoulders sagged a bit, "she's just so fucking stupid!"

I quickly pulled back and shook my head. "What?"

"Lauren could've found a way to make it work! She didn't have to break up with me, she didn't have to be all 'noble'. God," Camila cried and curled her fists in a ball, hitting the floor hard, "she was right," she stood up and violently wiped her tears away, "she should have never fallen in love with me."

"Mila, you don't mean that!" I gasped and stood up to face her again. "Lauren did what she had to do. She cared so much about your dreams; she didn't want to stand in the way."

"Yea?" Camila laughed incredulously. "Whatever."

"Look, at least she sent something. What have you done for her?" I raised an eyebrow.