Sleepy Head Jauregui

Dylan's PoV

She had my arm in a death grip and her eyes were black like the Devil's. The thick metal spoon was pressed against my hand as she yelled at me in my face. "You ungrateful little bastard! Your Mommy doesn't love you or you wouldn't be in here while she's out there doing God knows what."

Laughter was being heard from all sides of me and I choked up, tensing as the old brittle woman told me to never leave her gaze. She'd make me her children's next lunch meat if I did. "You think that dyke Camila wants you? She only wants what your Mommy has to offer."

I couldn't move and it was killing me. The painful grip on my arm and the horrible looks I was getting – it was all too much.

I woke up in a strange room in a strange bed and slightly panicked, whimpering and sweaty. I had another nightmare again.

I blinked away the sleepiness in my eyes and clutched at my pillow as another shiver ran through my body.

Where was Lucas?

"Dylan?" I heard a soft knock on the door and sat up quickly, trying to wipe the unknown tears from my cheeks. Camila's head popped in the door and she tilted her head, dressed in a black robe and she looked like she just had a shower. "Hey sweetie," she came inside the room and closed the door behind her before crawling under the covers with me, "are you okay?"

I swallowed and shook my head.

"What's wrong?" She pulled me into her lap and ran her fingers through my hair, rocking gently. "Please don't cry Baby Dyl, it breaks my heart."

I curled up into her warm body and briefly noticed she smelled just like my Mommy. I immediately felt safe in her arms but couldn't shake the dream from my head.

"Did you have a bad dream?" Camila whispered and I noticed she glanced at the clock. It was only after four in the morning. I nodded and allowed her to hold me tighter. "Did you want to talk about it?"

"No." I whispered and stared at the wall in front of me. "Where's Lukey?"

Camila smiled and rubbed my back. "I'm guessing she took off to sleep with Nana and Grandpa. It's a thing with her."

"Oh." I sighed heavily and continued to stare at the wall. "Do you love me?"

I felt her shift and she moved me so I was eye level with her. "What?" She asked confused and I regretted that I asked the question. "Of course I do."

"Sorry." I murmured. "I had a dream that you were only around because Momma gave you something." I wasn't entirely sure what that meant in my dream but I knew it wasn't exactly a good thing.

"I'm around because I love you both very much, Dylan." Camila pressed a kiss to my forehead. "You're my daughter and I wouldn't want it any other way."

I couldn't help but grin and blush at those words. A moment of silence passed and I yawned, snuggling more comfortably in Camila's body. "How'd you know I was awake?"

"I heard you whimper," she softly said, "I was just coming back from the bathroom."

"Can you stay?" I asked quietly. Spencer smiled and nodded, kissing the top of my head.

"I'll be right back, I promise." She made her way towards the door and left it open while I watched her sneak into the room she was sharing with my mom. A few minutes later, she came back out in flannel pants and a jersey, crawling in next to me. "See? I came back."

I smiled and wrapped my small arm around her shoulder, burying my face in her neck.

Sleep came easily to me that time.