♥ IHateOneDirection ♥ |twenty - five|

IHateOneDirection♥

Chapter 25: Liar-liar, Hearts on Fire

______________________________________

Harry’s POV

I watched as her eyelids slowly closed shut, dozing off on her own. I didn’t mind it. I didn’t mind her. Her head rested against my chest while my right arm extended around her side, pulling her closer. Her lips formed a slight smile while she snuggled up to me like a pillow. I couldn’t help but smile at how cute she seemed. Her face looked so innocent— almost like a child — different from usual. This was the first time I realised how vulnerable she was. I’ve come to understand things the way she is. What made her, you know, Lize. 

Interrupting my thoughts, she shifted a little, getting more comfortable. Her fringe fell from the side of her face and covered parts of her eyes. It irritated me a little. Slowly without waking her, I took her fringe and placed it aside, revealing her fairly smooth skin that lead my eyes down to her neck. She was right. Now that I really looked, I could see very slight reddish marks around the sides of the neck that I never noticed before. Thinking back, I realised how often she'd let her hair down. And when she didn’t, she’d use a scarf to cover it up. It must’ve really scarred her. I frowned, thinking how much she had to go through and how she’s the way she is now. All she wanted from people was love and affection that even her own flesh-and-blood couldn’t provide. That was what kept her so bottled up, keeping her distance from everyone so that she wouldn’t get hurt. Entrusting people with so much power in their hands was just as good as letting yourself get burned in the end.  I knew very well how that felt like.

I let myself lie there with her in my arms, allowing myself to drift off into a deep slumber. 

___________________________________________

Lize’s POV

The warmth that surrounded left me smiling, content with the sleep I had. The happiness ended too soon once I had remembered what had happened last night. I slowly peeked through my lashes, looking out the to see the bright sun shining on the glass windows. I squinted slightly when light reflected off the glass causing the glare. I felt the top of my head being used as a pillow with Harry resting the side of his jaw on my soft bed of hair . His arms still enveloped around me like I was some teddy bear.

I suddenly noticed someone standing by our booth, sneaking in a cough on purpose.

"Ahem, Uhh sorry to bother you and your boyfriend but the night cafe is closing up in a minute so would you please.." He smiled uncomfortably, scratching the back of his neck as he showed a signal for us to leave.

In a second, my body jolted, waking Harry up instantly. With bags underneath his eyes, he woke up feeling a little giddy. I nodded a thanks to the waiter, getting up from the booth and pulling Harry with me. He let me pull him and lead him the way, still in 'sleep' mode even when walking. " What time is it?" He asked, groggily as he yawned slightly. I took a glance at my watch before replying him, "Almost seven."

"Oh geez, I have to pick Harper up at the airport by eight," His eyes widened, remembering his schedule. "I'll drive you home first, come on." He pulled the car door open, and I hopped in to the passenger seat. 

______________________________

After I watched Harry drive off into the sunrise, I clicked the gate shut then stepped into the house, slowly locking the front door.

“How’s your little honeymoon? Enjoyed yourself?” All I could hear was the hint of jealousy in the tone of that voice. I turned my neck to see Louis leaning against the back of the couch with his arms crossed, having nothing but the bitter look on his face. 

Hate That BoyBand (h.s fanfic)| ✔On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara