♥ IHateOneDirection ♥ |ten|

IHateOneDirection♥

Chapter  10:

You owe me that much

________________________________

My phone vibrated, moving across the carpetted floor. I groaned, opening my eyes groggily. I forced my body to rise up from the mattress and grabbed my phone. 15 missed call and 10 text messages from Harry Styles. Wow. Walking towards the living room, I heard sounds coming from the television as it switched scenes from one to another— oh, Kenzie was lying on the couch too.

“ Hey, had a good sleep?”

“I guess so.”  I smiled politely even though I was lying. Trust me—waking up and having throbbing leg cramps early in the morning isn’t a really nice feeling. Remembering how I ended up here in this stranger’s house just adds a nice touch. 

“Saturdays are my days off so I guess I’m free today,” She shrugged as she switched channels, looking for a good show to watch. 

“Hey do you think your boss could use another waitress?” I asked her. 

“Why? Need some cash?”  She raised one of her brows.

“Yeah. When someone isn’t then I’ll take over, only for awhile. Until, I have enough cash to get home and pay you back.”

“Oh you don’t have to pay me back, it’s fine.” She smiled. “And lucky for you, I think we might have a job opening. My friend Elaine can’t make it next week because of ‘personal’ problems, apparently. I guess you could take over— I’m sure he wouldn’t mind.” 

“Great! Oh and please let me pay you back, I hate having to owe someone,” I laughed.

She shrugged,getting off the couch to make breakfast, “ Suit yourself. Either way, I’m good.”

“Oh and have you checked your phone? Someone kept calling you 6am in the morning non-stop until it woke me up. I thought of picking up at first but then, I thought that’d be rude.” 

“Oh.. Speaking of that.. It’s just Harry,” I sunk my butt down to the chair and leaned backwards. 

I heard a funny noise— sounded as if someone was choking. I looked up and furrowed my eyebrows, “Are you okay?”  

“Just Harry? What you mean ‘just’? It’s Harry Styles you’re referring to. Huge british teen band sensation?” She laughed, finding this phrase a little more funny that it really is. 

“ See, I’m not a fan of them so I don’t really see them as celebrities,” I shrugged. No way, even in hell, would I  ever treat Harry Styles like a celebrity. He didn’t deserve my respect or my special treatment. Honestly, it’ll just inflate his ego more— not that it isn’t already.

“Ah.. I see what this is, “ she grinned, smirking like a wise monk.

“Whatever it is that’s in your mind right now, I’d rather not know because I know it doesn’t have any relation to this nor will it make sense. Therefore, it’s rubbish.”

‘You like Harry Styles.”

“See? Absolutely rubbish.” I shook my head in disgust as soon as those words escaped her lips. 

“ You know what they always say, ‘There’s a fine line between love and hate’,” She pointed towards empty space, showing a supposedly ‘wise’ look on her face. 

“ Yeahhh.. And there’s a fine line between ‘wise quotes’ and ‘crap’,” I grinned, joking. 

“Okay okay fine. I’m just joking. I was just trying to see whether there was something you were hiding from me. But I guess not, “ she frowned, pouting.