A glimpse of the future #2 (Oneshot RunnerUp)

" If you take a look in the future,
not everything is a happy ending."

Epilogue

Lize’s POV

"Lize, can you believe this is real?" I looked up and stared at the pair of familiar—and piercing—emerald eyes that were now wrinkly with his forever playful smile in his lovely face. His eyes still withheld that spark in them. And that curly soft brown hair of his was now dusted full of white and gray.

How on earth can he still be looking so handsome? And who the heck would've thought that I'd be here, living this life? A life I would've never imagined in my whole fucking life. It's mind-blowing.

The same question reverberates in my very soul. Can I believe so much has happened? It's like a dream. But if it is, don't dare to wake me up.

I focused my vision again to what was in front of me and smiled with so much glee. I heard the childish laughter and smiled brightly. No. This isn't a dream. I took hold of his warmth hand in mine and squeezed it lightly.

"Honestly Harry, I really can’t.. but I guess it is huh? After all the shit we’ve been through, look at us. Look at our lives, our grandchildren. Just then the childish laughter ceased down and I searched for our children.

Big and bright green eyes met my own with an inquisitive look while his eight year old hand shook mine. "Can Clarke and I go play at his house? Please?" Our son begged with his adorable pout which he inherited from his father.

"Sure, just make sure you come back at eight, alright lad?" My husband said. I stared at him for a moment, having the urge to just kiss him tenderly. Blaine was there so I refrained instead. Then our four year old daughter came to us with her bright blue eyes and her messy beautiful brown locks everywhere.

"Mommy, daddy, Jenna invited me to play at her house, and she said she's going to- to lend me her dolls for now. Can- can I go?" I nodded and gave a look to Blaine telling him silently to take care of his sister Dorothy. We agreed for them to go since after all, Jenna and Clarke live right next door and they are indeed the children of my best friend. To be honest, it wasn’t exactly a big surprise to me when I first heard Faye and Niall were engaged.

It almost feels like it’s too good to be true.  It honestly is. It’s amazing to think that I’ve finally found the ‘cliched’ perfect guy— someone who truly accepts my past, someone who can look beyond my imperfections, and still think I'm perfect the way I am. That someone was Harry Styles, not the British pop sensation, but the one I fell for. For years, I longed for a complete family. And I finally have one. I have— what I thought was impossible a few years back. I’m not known as I’m Lize Styles. Surreal, isn’t it?

The rest of the band—Louis, Zayn and Liam all have a special someone. Zayn is actually still married after all these somewhat rough years for them, they're still together. Liam and Louis found love, they found it and never let it go. We still do reunions and those boys, will always be boys natter the age. They visit once in a while. But for now, only Faye, Niall, Harry and I have children. But fingers crossed! Supposedly, Faye is now again pregnant, with twins!

My life has totally turned around but not for the worse— but simply for the best. So this is my story.

"I love you Harry Styles... Sorry for sounding so cheesy." I spoke softly towards him from our swinging chair. He gave me a peck on the lips and the feeling still lingered there.

I kissed him passionately and smiled under our sweet kiss. He took hold of both of my cheeks and stared right into my eyes without a hint of a smile.

"You were perfect Lize and I have to say, you still are in my eyes. I love you too honey." His deep voice did somersaults inside of me as if I was still a teenage girl.

And that was that. Our story was coming to an end but it's only the beginning of yours. So, what do you say? Share your story?

I just hope it’s not as crazy as mine, but then again, isn't life the messy bits?

[End]

One Shot written by
Arianne Gonzalez

---------------------------------------

A/N:

I'd like to congratulate Arianne Gonzalez for entering the competition and winning second place!  I like how refreshing and positive the placement of words are in this one shot. I also enjoy how the story seems to be talking to the reader, and I mean literally! Though there are a few pointers I'd like to give out. Let's not be too critical :)  Though the one shot is little bit too short, I enjoyed the read! ^^

Before I end the I Hate One Direction novel for good, I just wanna say THANK YOU to those who supported this story since the very beginning till the end. I appreciate you guys for sticking around to know how the story ends. I hope you enjoyed the ending of the story! AND I hope you will enjoy the new stories that I'll be putting up soon! FAREWELL LizexHarry! <3

If this story blows up and reaches a thousands favourites/likes/votes (in movellas/wattpad) in the future, I might seriously think of starting a sequel! xD

Cheers,
AishaAyesha