♥ IHateOneDirection ♥ |twenty - six|

IHateOneDirection♥

Chapter 26: Liar-liar, Hearts on Fire Part 2

________________________________________

Harry’s POV

As she walked off down the flight of stairs on her way to the living room, I stood there alone, trying to understand my own thoughts. She was right. I couldn’t do both of those things. If I chose to ignore my feelings, the only way I could get rid of these weird, boiling emotions was to let Lize be on her own. But I couldn’t do that. I couldn’t leave her alone when she needed someone most. She had spent years bottling up those scarring memories for god knows how long and now her wounds are open once again. One day, she’ll just won't function and fall off the edge. She needs someone to catch her. She needs me. I should be there for her. I want to be there for her. “I need to..” I mumbled to myself while I scratched the top of my head, almost pulling my hair out in the process. My phone vibrated in my pocket, interrupting my thoughts and I pulled it out, clicking on the call button. I muttered a greeting.

“Hey is this Harry?” I heard a somewhat familiar voice but I couldn’t point out who exactly. “It’s my Faye.”

I sighed in relief. “Oh Faye! I barely recognized you..” I wondered how she got my number then realized that Lize must have somehow told her previously.

"Oh thank god Lize forgot to burn that piece of paper! If it weren't for that thing, I wouldn't have gotten your number!" She cried out in relief. "Is Lize okay? I heard from Niall about what happened.. I feel terrible. Can I speak to her?" She let out a anxious sigh. 

“She’s resting now. You want to come over? I think the best way for her to feel better is if you talked to her in person."

She gasped, "Can I?”

"Of course. Just text me your address and I'll come get you. I'll be on my way now. Wear a disguise alright? The last thing we need is another crappy cover magazine," I told her and she replied in agreement. Then I clicked end call button.

 _______________________________________

Lize's POV

I gathered the soft rice that spread across the plate towards one corner, lifting the food into my mouth with my silver spoon. I stared at my half-eaten meal, grazing the spoon handle while I munched down what was already in my mouth. I suddenly dropped the spoon on the plate and it clinked against the ceramic material. I gulped down the chewed food along with a glass of water. Slamming the glass down on the tray, I took in a deep breath, rubbing my neck that was usually so cold.  I usually wouldn’t let anyone touch my neck. No one has ever touched it. Not even Faye. Not that I wouldn’t allow it. She hasn’t dared to ask. Why was I alright with Harry’s touch? Was it because I’ve learnt to trust him even more now? I put both my hands around my neck, bowing my head down as I closed my eyes, trying to push away those flashbacks I was having. 

******

“Dad, let mummy go please!” I begged, crouching behind the sofa as I watched my dear mother get hit by the hands of who I once thought I loved. 

“Stay out of this Lize!” He gave me a fiery look, that intense glare. He turned  back to my mother, grabbing on to both her wrists, slapping her across the face. “How dare you talk to that man about me— Are you trying to get me in jail? Huh, you bitch?!”

“No, I just wanted to—“ She struggled to get those words out, her hands covering her face for protection. 

“Dad please stop!” I cried out, my eyes swelled up red and puffy. "I'm begging you!" I shivered, grabbing onto the couch for support. I couldn't let her get hurt again. I had to do something.