|2| 1st...Date?

Later that night I go home, do my usual ritual of hygiene then lay down in my bed.
"He was kinda cute..."
I thought to myself as I read over his hand writing.
Looking closer I see it's not really a address, but a park. I laugh it off thinking what's this little dude up too.
Shut off my lights, breathe and finally fell asleep.

-The Next Day-

Waking up to a refreshing smell of fresh grits and gravy on the stove, my stomach growls with hunger.
Quickly I threw my hair up, robe on and sliding my cold toes into my warm fuzzy slippers.
Walking out I see Stacy making us food.

"Are you going to share some?" I teasingly asked her as she stupidly dances to the music on the radio.
She jumps in fright of my voice not realizing I was awake.
"YOU SCARED THE SHIT OUT OF ME!" she proclaims as I laugh.

   "Enough laughing at me like a fool, here eat." She puts some grits in our bowls and we both sit down.

We both eat our grits and gravy in silences until she finds me smiling oddly.
"What's this all about?" She shoves a spoonful in her mouth while waving her spoon at me.
I get out of my seat and clean up my dishes.
"I got a date tonight."
Stacy almost chokes on her food, slamming her hands down on the table squealing.
"You never go out on a date girl I'm happy for you! What does he look like?" She turns her chair to me continuing to eat her food.
I bit the inside of my mouth while turning around to her as well.
"He's short."
We both giggle. Usually short men aren't "attractive" but I thought I'd decide to give him a try because he was sly asking me out.
"He seems shy but hopefully it'll go good."
We both nod and I walk off to get ready, walking away she tells me to be safe because she needs a roommate.

   I got ready in a simple outfit, not to much makeup either because it's at a park

I got ready in a simple outfit, not to much makeup either because it's at a park. Looking at the clock it reads 1:30pm. Which is my que to go to the bus station. Living in a bigger city that's most of our way of transportation, bus, train or cab. Earlier in the day I checked the newspaper for the bus times, I'll be there a little early but it's nice to be early than late.

    Once I got dropped of at the bus drop off, closest to the park, I started to walk to it.
Enjoying the warm sun on my skin and after a decent walk I look at the sign which reads the name that "Skipper" wrote down.
   "Candidate Park"
   I whispered it's name under my breathe, feeling the top of the sign with my finger as I walk by, entering the park. 
   There was a play set, for children and some swings. Not a lot of people where there, not complaining but I just answer why he choose here.
    I look down at my watch. 3:00pm it reads. Shutting the flip watch I scratch my head then looking around the area. I see entrances into the forests, different pathways as well as this huge staircase. I didn't know why I wore this chunky sandals so I couldn't do that route, I just followed wherever my heart said.
   Walking down this path, my feet start to hurt, the park seemed safe and clean enough for me to do so, so I did and simply threw them in my knapsack, throwing it over my shoulder.
   The walk was a good distance, I tried now to get lost so I didn't go to far into the woods. Finally I found my destination. Which was a lake that reminded me of the ones my mom and I stayed at in Wisconsin Dells.
   It was to cold out to dip in but I slide all the way down on my bum to get as close to the water as I could, I dipped my toes in and like I stated above, way to cold on this June evening.
   I looked at my clock again, 3:30pm. I decided to close my eyes, enjoy the noises of Mother Earth coming from the trees, water, and ground.
   Not even 20 minutes later I hear this car pull up. "Great dick wad, I was just relaxing." I pretended to not hear or see that Thunderbird car pull up, but man it was sleek.
Propping myself up on my elbows, still on my back I watch the guy come out of this car, here it was the guy I was meeting.
He comes over to me and sits down next to me.
I bit my lip watching his moves, for some odd reason I enjoyed it more knowing that was him pulling up instead of a complete stranger.